XI

Neither Dabi or Shigaraki wanted the divorce to be battled out and they were both understanding about what they wanted. Their divorce was a quiet and short account. They had made most of their plans over wine and civil conversations. It was mostly Shigaraki who cried most of the meetings. When they appeared it court it was was all planned out. Dabi was left with the house and Shigaraki who wanted to be clean of all things Dabi related only took his things that weren't essential to the house.

It wasn't until three months later that the two men even ran into each other again. Their lives separated had been quiet. 

Toga and Shigaraki were standing in their favorite coffee shop. Shigaraki was listening to Toga talk about how she was going to Europe and she gently nudged him. Her trip was next month and she still needed a photographer for it.

"Final answer! Do you wanna go?" She asked with a smile

"I'll go." Shigaraki said with a slight smile.

The two looked up as the bell rang and footsteps approached. It was Dabi and Jin.

"Hey, you two." Shigaraki said with a smile while Toga waved. She had to order coffee for her and some coworkers.

"How are you?" Dabi asked concerned about his ex-husband.

"I'm well, I'm going to Europe soon." Shigaraki said and moved to the side because of toga ordering his coffee.

"That should be fun, and I hope to catch you around some other time too." Dabi said and smiled.

"That would be nice." Shigaraki said with a gentle smile.

Toga and Shigaraki waited for the coffee and small talk filled the quiet coffee shop. When the door was opened again it was Toga and Shigaraki leaving.

That was the last Dabi saw of Shigaraki. After the trip Shigaraki moved to Europe. He had blocked Dabi from all of his social media and seemed to drop off the face of Dabi's earth. Dabi gets all updates from Toga. She doesn't seem to tell him much as she always refused to give him Shigarkai's new number or tell him why the other male blocked him. 

Tonight was a night that Dabi watched the rain fall from the sky as he smiled. He could hear Jin coming with drinks and snacks while they enjoyed the sounds of the storm from their porch. 

Some days he wonders if he made the right decision.