Chapter 1

Heyyyyy
————

Nora POV

"Dad i really need this job. I can't always live with you."
"Honey i love you staying here with me. It's not lonely anymore like it used to be."He said with a frown.
"I know you don't like being in this house all alone but even if i did move out i will still come and visit you everyday till you get tired of me."
"Aww you know you can't get on my nerves sweetie." He smiles at me
"I can if i try hard enough." I smirk at him
"Okay maybe you're right about that" he laughs
"Well you need to go to bed so you can be ready for your interview tomorrow." He rush me off
"Okay okay i get it. I'm finna go to bed now. Goodnight dad." I say walking to my room.
"Wait your forgot." He said with his arms opening wide.
"Oh yeah." I walk back to him and give him a hug and he kiss me on my forehead telling me goodnight.
I go to my room and start burying myself in my stuffed animals and blankets.
"I really hope i get this job mom. Hopefully if i get it, i can get dads treatment. I don't want to be stuck in this world all alone. Heaven took you away from me, i won't let it take dad too. Goodnight mom." I say to myself and maybe my mom well if she heard me.
I close my eyes letting sleep consume me

Morning

I wake up to my annoying alarm ringing so i turn over and look at the time which was 6:00 and hit snooze. I turn back over waiting a bit before i get up. I closed my eyes for a second then i snap my eyes open and look back a the time and it's 6:45
What in the hell. I start rushing to get my clothes on for my interview.

By time I'm out the door it's 6:55 and i start running down the street

By time I'm out the door it's 6:55 and i start running down the street. Thankfully it's right around the corner. I make it exactly at 7:00 and i walk through the doors of the asylum. It looked very scary from the outside but the inside it's just bland.

 It looked very scary from the outside but the inside it's just bland

I walk to the lady at the counter. I try to get her attention but she just wouldn't look up. Finally, a man come up to me with a smile.
"Hello you must be Nora. It's nice to finally meet you. I'm Dr. Michael but i have to ask a question. Why would someone so young want to work at an asylum?" He questions me while wrinkling his eyebrows.
"I've always want to be a psychiatrist when I was younger so I can help people in need mentally. They really need it right now because a lot of other people don't really care anymore about them." The lady at the counter coughed while saying loser.
   "No girl I'm a lover." I wink at her but she got angry and walked off from behind the counter. I look back at him
"Well how would you feel if you got the job." He smiled at me
"I would feel very grateful and try my hardest." I smiled back
"Well let's get you started on your first patient."
"WAIT i got the job?"
"Of course you do. We don't find to many people who would actually want to take care of people in mental asylums." He laughs a bit.
"Well then let's get going." I laugh back
He guides me down a few halls till we reach an elevator. We get in and i thought he was gonna press a higher number but he pressed the basement.
Who the hell in the basement. I ain't finna die on my first day.
The elevator dings and we get out. The whole floor is dark, only lit up by a flickering light in the middle. We go down a hall and enter another hall but this one looks more decent then the other one. They have motion sensor lights and they came on as soon as we entered the hall.
We finally reach the end of the hall where they have a little room and it's dark inside.
Lord if i get kidnapped and i die let me go back and get that girl from 4th grade for trying to put a booger on me.
"Well this is your stop. The papers are here. Let me tell you something about him first. He is very dangerous. We found out he killed his family and cut up their bodies and put them in a freezer.' He also killed a few other people for the fun of it. Since he has gotten here, which was about 5 years ago, he hasn't spoke one word to anyone. He also killed his last psychiatrist with just a spoon. I'm not trying to scare you but you have to know before you go in. They have guards right over there." He points to the two guards i just noticed.
"Also his name is Lucifer we never found out his real name. Nothing came up about his past. No birthday, no name, no nothing. I think you can get it out of him. I've got to go now. Tell me if something happen or if you need anything. Oh i almost forgot." He runs over to the guard who gives him a white lab coat jacket and  a name tag with my name.
  "Here you go. Enjoy your day." He walks back down the hall.
  I turn to the steel door not knowing what's waiting for me on the other side. I didn't even know that a man who was gonna make life an action/horror movie is starring right at me through the little window at the door.