1

Present Day, November 2018.

It's a cold monday morning, there wasn't that many students walking in the university premises today; it's understandable though since it's a week before the exams and everyone is either in the libraries, inside their dorms or at cafes to review their materials. 5th year Medical Student, Shirabu Kenjirō is not an exemption at this. He walks at a leisurely pace to get a dose of caffeine from the coffee shop, silently wishing the place is not crowded.

Lucky for him, there wasn't much customer except for two people sitting near the counter. Everyone must've opted for take-out too. The bells on top of the door rustled as he opened the door and the aroma of caffeine welcomes Shirabu, as well as a soothing voice that greeted him a "Welcome!".

That voice...it sounded so familiar to him. And sure enough, when he walked to the counter, he saw a very familiar face to match the voice.

"Hi, what would be your order Sir? Or maybe you'd like a recommendation instead?" she says, her eyes barely showing because of her smile.

"I..." before Shirabu can even utter a word she already beat him to it.

"Wait...Shirabu-san?" she asked, surprised to see him standing before her. Shirabu on the other hand was also surprised to see her after almost 5 years and more importantly on her calling his name.

"How are you? I haven't seen you in like almost..."

"5 years..." He continued for her.

"It's been that long huh" she quietly says. "Anyways, what can I get you for today?" she asked.

Shirabu awkwardly looked between her and the menu, trying his best not to show his apparent curiosity about the said girl and how she immediately changed the topic.

"Just a cup of Iced Americano, to go." He finally answers.

"Okay I'll be on it, you can just take a seat first and it'll be ready in a minute." she smiled and immediately went on preparing his drink.

Before taking his seat on a nearby chair, he took a long glance at her.
Shirabu still can't believe she finally saw her after those 5 years. He did heard from Tendou-san that she's studying at the same university but all those years he didn't even bumped into her because maybe, (1) their departments were on the opposite ends of the university premises; (2) their schedules don't align but either way it's kind of not convincing so he just concluded that she must've been avoiding him.

What really happened to them? They used to be quite close...right?