2

Shiratorizawa Gakuen, 2012.

One day at a practice before the Miyagi Prefecture Playoffs final match, Shiratorizawa vs Karasuno.

It was the first time he saw her, a camera dangling on her neck and a shy smile on her face. She was in the same year as him but they haven't really met till that day.

"This is L/N-san, she's a second year from the Journalism Club that's in-charge of our school's newspaper. She will be taking pictures of the team for a special feature." Reon-san says.

"I'm L/N F/N, I'm looking forward to work with you. Please take care of me."
She didn't really caught his attention at first and he sure did not foresee she'd be getting his attention, a lot.

"Hey, Kenjirō. Our photographer-chan seems to be taking so much photos of you." Tendou says as he approached the irrate setter.

"No, you're seeing it wrong, I'm just simply always near Ushijima-san." He answered.

Tendou snickers. "Nah, I don't think that's the case."

Shirabu quickly shrugged off his senpai's statement because it simply doesn't make sense but as he looked up from the water bottle at his hand, he caught her pointing the camera where he is, a flustered look on her face as she realized he caught her snapping a photo of him and they just made eye contact.

At the day of the Shiratorizawa vs Karasuno match, she was also there to take some pictures. Sadly though, Shiratorizawa lost the match and it was a heart breaking scene seeing the team sobbing at their defeat, it was the last year for their ace captain and the other senpais after all.

That afternoon, she didn't know where the courage came from but she felt like talking to him.

"Shirabu-san!" She called after the copper haired boy walking with his head hung low.

Hearing his name being called, he looked up to see the photographer girl.

The said girl sighed, as if she was nervous about something, well, she is. He didn't say anything.

"I just wanted to say that you did well. Eh, all of you did. I saw how determined you are during the game. It's nice to have some challenging opponents sometimes right? Don't feel sad about your loss, I believe it'll make the team stronger." She says and flashes him a smile.

Shirabu looked at her with an unreadable expression.

"I...uhm...Thank you." he whispered but enough to be heard by the smiling girl.
"Oh no need to thank me though. See you at school, Shirabu-san!" she says as she hurriedly left but not forgetting to give a small bow and a wave of goodbye.

When she left, he had a small smile on his face. He can't quite grasp how a few words from a girl he just recently met can cheer him up like this.