three

You made sure to leave your house early, not risking being late because of your mom's lecturing. Luckily, she wasn't as ticked off today. When you came home the day before, telling her about the kids you met and actually knowing their names, she was elated that you were making friends. When you asked her if you could go out tomorrow as well, she said yes without a second thought.

After you finished your chores, you exchanged a short goodbye with your mom before leaving out of the house in a rush. Even though you were early, having thirty minutes to get to the arcade, you were worried that you would somehow get lost on the way there. Your nerves consumed you as you biked down the empty road, your breath caught in your chest.

You had no clue what to expect except for Richie and Eddie to be there. How many friends did he have? Was it just him and Eddie? What do they even do at the quarry? Are they doing some kind of satanic ritual and they need another person?

You shook your head at your last thought. From the amount of time you've spent with Richie, you would never believe that he would be involved in satanic acts. Although he swore quite a lot, he didn't peg you as the 'bad boy' type. Maybe it was because you both invested yourselves in the arcade game and you hadn't seen him outside of that environment. No, it was probably just because of his appearance. His thick-rimmed glasses and hawaiian button-ups didn't scream 'bad boy' to you. Now that you think of it, Eddie also labeled themselves as losers and admitted to being bullied by a guy named Henry so there was no way that Richie could be a renowned bad boy.

Soon enough, you pulled into the front of the arcade, where Richie was already standing, his familiar Hawaiian shirt from yesterday resting on his shoulders.

"Ready to go, sugar?"

"Sure am, trashmouth," You chuckled, watching as he climbed onto his own bike.

There wasn't much conversation as you both traveled to the quarry. Your heart was beating out of your chest, not from physical exhaustion but from not knowing what was coming next. However, you did your best to not show the nervousness on your face. The last thing you wanted was his friends to think you were scared of them.

Richie skidded to a stop when you two came up to a small dirt clearing where a few other bikes were parked, clothes scattered on the ground next to them. Instantly, your mind began to spin. We're they stripping? You definitely weren't prepared for that.

"It looks like your eyes are going to pop out of your head," The boy next to you laughed, making fun of your shock as you stared at the clothes on the ground.

Your eyes shot upwards when you heard light footsteps coming around the bushes, revealing a girl that looked no older than you. Her red hair was short and curly, some of it hanging in front of her face. She wore a bra and panties, confirming your suspicion that they did undress but you were relieved that they didn't strip down completely. You were a bit worried that you were finding out Derry was full of teenage creeps that stripped down with their friends and did god knows what.

The ginger offered you a smile as she came up to you, introducing herself. "Hey, I'm Beverly."

"I'm (Y/n)," You smiled back at her, climbing off of your bike to stand in front of her.

"You have no clue how happy I am to see another girl-"

"(Y/n)!" Eddie hollered, walking up behind Beverly. "Is the loogie based on mass or on distance?" Your eyes blinked a couple of times as you stared at the boy standing only in his underwear.

"It's based on distance, dumbass," Richie responded for you, dropping his bike on the dirt before starting to shed his clothes.

"I didn't ask you, Richie," Eddie argued with the dark-haired brunette.