ℙℝ𝕆𝕃𝕆𝔾𝕌𝔼

"𝕊𝕙𝕖 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕤𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖."

There was this tree I would always sit under near the entrance of our school. It always provided the perfect shade and I would find myself sitting there after school on certain days, writing facts about heroes or reading a book or something along those lines.

Today was no different. Leaning back on the big tree, enjoying the cooling shade, it felt nice. We'd been doing hero training all day, so relaxing felt necessary. But it was hard to relax when you have someone on your mind.

Ochako Uraraka.

For awhile now, we'd been best friends. We hung out and did everything together, with Iida too of course. She was my best friend and someone I could trust with anything. So what is this feeling that won't leave me?

When she pops up in my mind, it makes me feel weird inside. Like, my heart beats faster and faster when we talk on occasion. It was a new feeling, something that came about recently. So what's causing it? And why won't it go away?

"Hey, Deku!" someone called to me.

It has her, and she was coming my way. She had her classic smile plastered on her face, which somehow always made you smile back at her. She was pure and kind-hearted, someone who always knew how to make you feel better when you were down. Everyone in our class liked her personality and her eagerness to succeed. One of those people being me.

"Hey, what're you doing over here? Aren't you gonna head home?" She asked, cocking her head to the side.

"Yeah, I was about to start walking home now actually. And I like to sit out here sometimes to clear my head," I answered.

"Oh, I see. Hey, want to walk home together? I was going to walk with Iida, but he already left," She explained to me.

I agreed to her offer, picking up my yellow school bag that had been carelessly propped up against the tree. Just like that, we headed off. Uraraka didn't live too far away from the apartment buildings I lived at, so we often found ourselves walking home together, with Iida on occasion as he lived close by as well. Now, walking home alone with her today, I felt that same feeling inside me again.

It was quiet between us, as it usually was when we'd walk home together. Guess there isn't much to say, or it was just the awkwardness I seemed to always generate. At times, I couldn't help but glance at her as she happily strolled down the sidewalk on our way home. She was just so... pretty. And there we go again, my face getting red as I thought of that. Nice one, Izuku.

"Deku? Are you okay, you look red. Are you sick or something?" She questioned, snapping me from my thoughts.

"Yeah, it's just a little hot is all," I replied to her.

Nice save there, Izuku. We walked in silence again, this time Uraraka reading a book she had on her. It was news to me that she really loved reading. Not that it was a bad thing or anything. It was just a hobby I didn't know she had until recently. We got to the entrance of my apartments when Uraraka finally put the book down.

"Thanks, Deku, for walking with me. I'll see you at school tomorrow, right?" she asked me.

"Yeah, of course. You have a good rest of your day, Uraraka" I told her before jogging off towards my apartment.

Looking back, I saw her walking off home. I got up to my apartment, slipping off my shoes as I entered the door. Mom was likely working, as she wasn't anywhere to be seen in the living room or kitchen. Which meant another night alone, by myself. Throwing my bag onto the desk chair and flopping on the bed, I took it upon myself to relax.

-----------------------------------------

He split away and headed towards his apartment building he lived with his mother in. The feeling I've felt plenty of times before came pouring back as he walked off. It was no secret that I admired Izuku Midoriya. But that's all it was, right? We're best friends and nothing more, right? I often thought of this when I was alone, trying to figure it all out. It always came down to 'you just admire him is all'. But I admired many people. So why do I feel this way towards him.

I kicked a rock on the ground in front of me. I honestly didn't feel like reading right now, even though the book was just getting good. My mind was too jumbled up to read, frankly. Why won't this feeling leave? Is it because he's in my mind? It left my mind briefly as I heard another set of footsteps. Taking a quick glance over the shoulder revealed nobody there.

Must've just been my imagination. Being paranoid had its' setbacks, but you learned to live with it. Me being one of those paranoid people, always scared about what was around the corner or the constant feeling of being watched. I heard the footsteps again, jolting around nut there was nothing there again. It couldn't have been my imagination this time.

Deciding it was best in the paranoid state I was in, I jogged the rest of the way home.

-----------------------------------------

"Boss, I have eyes on a girl you might like. This one is from that hero school up on the hill. I'm sure you'd want her. I'll report back and we can discuss a plan."

The person cloaked in black stood in a dark alleyway, talking into his transceiver before disappearing into the darkness, his work fulfilled for now.