Chapter Two

I woke up to the loud beeping sound of my alarm over the music that played in my ears.  I took out my earphones and stopped the alarm.  I walked over to my drawer and pulled out an outfit.  I walked over to close the window and curtains and I changed into skinny jeans and T-shirt.  I sighed.  It still smelled like Alex.  Whatever, I couldn't care.  That would ruin my fresh start.  I walked down the stairs and sat on the bottom stair.  I picked up my pair of shoes from where they sat on the bottom of the steps.  I put on the purple converse and tied them.  I walked over and put on my blue back pack.  I went to the bathroom to brush my hair and teeth.  I tied my blonde hair into a braid on the side and put a sparkly black headband behind my bangs.  I walked out the front door and began my walk to school.

When I got to the bottom of my street, I waited for a moment and then I remembered.  That was where I normally waited for Alex.  Alex wouldn't be coming today I knew that for sure.  I started to walk through the fog.  I made it the several blocks with my earphones in.  When I made it to one block away, I took out my earphones, turned my ipod off and put it into my backpack.  I finally made it to school and I walked into school.  I walked to my first period class and I was ridiculously early.  I knew one person who would be there this early.  I opened the door.  There she was.  Carri Edwards sat there with her nose burried in a book.  She black bob had a sparkly pink headband in it.  Her cool blue eyes were deadly focused on her book.  I leaned into the classroom, whispered her name, and motioned for her to come outside.  She stood and walked outside.

"Carri" I said when she got outside, "It's all over." Her expression changed from a smile to an expression of sadness.  She immediately hugged me and I burst out crying. "It's all over, it's all over." I just kept saying it.  I couldn't say anything else.  I finally got myself together and I told her all about Eastview High and how I would be going there after the week-long semester break.  Carri just looked at me.

"You're leaving?" she asked.

"My family is staying," I said, "I'll come back in summer and on vacations."

"But Jen," she began, "What about me? What about all of your friends?"  The bell rang saving me from having to answer that question.  The day passed slowly.  It was so long and full of tears.  I was going to be a lot more missed than I thought.  I still had tomorrow so that was good.  The walk to my classes was more difficult with each class.  Slowly, more and more people found out.  Finally, it was the end of the day and the bell couldn't have come soon enough.  I was getting ready to walk home.  I put my backpack on and walked out of the classroom but right when i opened the door, there was a familiar face right outside.

"Alex," I said awkwardly.

"Jen," he began but I interrupted before he could finish.

"It's not your fault," I said, "I just needed a fresh start."

"Jen, I will miss you," he said.  Before I could stop, I started crying again.

"I will miss you too Alex," I said.  I hugged him.  I let go and wiped my tears away. "I still have tomorrow."

"I know," said Alex tears in his eyes, "I guess I'l see you then."

"Yeah," I responded, "see you then."  I turned and reluctantly walked away.  I felt his eyes on me.  I took out my ipod and listened to it all the way home.  As soon as I got home and did all of my homework, I put my ipod in and fell asleep.  

Friday came quicker than I would have liked.  I woke again to the alarm over the quiet lull of my music.  I stopped the alarm and got ready to the rhythm of my music.  I took out my other skinny jeans and a purple T-shirt.  I put on my purple sweatshirt.  I put on my backpack and  ipod.  I then put on my black flats.  I walked downstairs and brushed my hair and teeth.  I tied a dark purple ribbon into my hair.  I sat in my kitchen not wanting to be early on my last day.