Chapter Three

The car stopped and I opened my eyes.  So this was Eastview.  It was the typical boarding school.  Dorms on one side of campus and classrooms on the other side.  There was a large gym near the classrooms and a field and a basketball court.  There was a main building in the middle.  I smiled.  This was going to be nice.  I stepped out of the car as my parents did the same.  I walked to the trunk.  My dad lifted the suitcase out of the trunk and then the duffel bag.  He put the duffel bag on top of the suitcase.  I pulled up the handle and began to roll it along the cement floor.  I walked with my parents through the courtyard.  Several students wearing casual clothes looked up from what they were doing to look at me.  I pulled my suitcase up the stairs and into the main building.  I scanned the large building.  There was a library to my left.  There were several offices in the building.  My parents and I walked into the headmasters office.

The headmaster looked up from her paerwork and looked at me over the brown frames of her thin glasses.  I took a deep breath, my heart began to beat under the pressure of her cold stare.  She had long gray hair pulled into a tight bun and cold gray eyes.  She was wearing a black suit with black leather heals.  There was a nameplate on her desk that read, "Ms. Trill."    I decided right then and there to never get in trouble at this school.  

"Are you the scholarship student?" she asked in the iciest voice I have ever heard in my life.  

"Yes," I answered nervously.  She looked down at a folder she had on her desk and read my name slowly.  She explained the rules of the school to me robotically.

"Miss Jenning will show you to your dorm," she said Miss Jenning was the school secretary who looked like she was deathly afraid all the time.  She looked about fifty with died blond hair.  She smiled from her desk hearing that she got to show me to my dorm.  She looked like a mouse in some angles.  I smiled back at her and walked toward her.  My parents kissed me goodbye and stayed in the office to talk to Ms. Trill.  I couldn't beleive it,  I was not going to see my parents again for a long time.  I slowly followed Miss Jenning across the main building and through a door that connected the main building to the dorms.  We walked down a hallway and stopped at a brown door with black numbers on it.  

"Room 06," she said cheerily opening the door.  "Mira will be back later I'm sure, she is going to be your roommate."

"Okay Miss Jenning thank you so much," I responded smiling.  Miss Jenning bustled back down the hall to her office and I rolled my suitcase into the room.  I looked around.  There were two twin beds and two dressers.  One of the dressers was cluttered with stuff so I figured it must be Mira's.  I rolled my suitcase over to the other dresser and unloaded my clothes into it.  I put my empty suitcase in the closet where I hung my uniform next to Mira's.  I put my bathroom items in the bathroom.  I sat down on the empty bed and began to read while listening to music.  

About an hour later, a girl walked through the door.  I turned around and examined her.  She was tall and very skinny.  She had shoulder length black hair that was cut into layers.  She was wearing black square glasses and skinny jeans with a pink flowery blouse.  She walked confidently with an ipod in her ears.  She was very pretty and i was immediately jealous.  I stood u to introduce myself.

"Hey," she said before I could say anything, "you must be Jenni my new roommate." She smiled sweetly and I knew I had nothing to fear.

"You must be Mira," I said.

"In the flesh," she said, her smile growing bigger.  We spent the rest of the night getting to know each other and by the end of the night, we were almost as close as James and me.  We spent the weekend together getting to be better friends. 

It was Sunday night and I was to go to school tomorrow for the first time.  I lay on my bed.  Mira was crashed out asleep the sound of her deep rhythmic breaths provided a slight beat for the music that chimed quietly into my ear from my ipod.  I thought over everything one more time and finally let my eyelids drop.  

**Okay so that one was a little bit shorter.  I hope you liked it!! Have a nice day :)**