Chapter one : Strange First Day

.......................................................................

Virgil's pov

I woke up due to the intense beeping coming from my alarm clock, that was, before I grabbed it slamming it off my bedside cabinet and onto the floor.
I remembered that I had to get up and get ready to go to a new school, the one that Remy currently goes to, since I had gotten expelled from my last one last one, due to certain circumstances...

I glanced towards my door as I felt someone watching me, and, of course, I was right. My slightly older brother - Remy, stood leaning against the door frame, peering over his sunglasses before he put them on his head and took another sip of his coffee. The boy had a way with words. Not in the way you would think if I told you that, but it was more of a lifestyle choice.

"You are going to need to get out of bed soon Hun, you know how you get if we are late." My brother said as he stopped leaning against the door frame and walked towards my alarm picking it up off the floor. We both knew what he meant when he said that. A panic attack mixed with anger and stress is not a good way to start the day.

"Yeah, yeah. I will get up in a second, Rem" I replied lazily as I slammed my head back into my pillow and groaned in annoyance.

Remy placed my alarm clock back onto my bedside table before giving me a small smile and walking out of my room heading towards the stairs.

I contemplated staying in bed for a couple minutes before I swung my legs to the side of my bed and sit up to get out of bed. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I brushed my hair and styled it, remembering I forgot to dry it from last night's shower, as it was fluffier than usual.
I went to my wardrobe and pulled out a pair of black, ripped jeans, along with a purple top and my signature black and purple patched hoodie, made for me by Remy.

I ran downstairs and met Remy at the door. He was wearing black skinny jeans, a leather jacket and a cropped white t-shirt with black writing stitched in, reading 'sleep is for the weak.' I must say that the top is something that definitely fit Remy's personality and made me snort and roll my eyes when I read it. I made a dash for my bag, despite having a hate for physical activity, and shoved in a spare hoodie and a lollypop.

"Ready to go Virge?" Remy asked, holding a new iced coffee with his other hand on the door handle. Where the hell does he keep getting those?

"Yeah, let's get this over with" I mumbled as Remy swung open the door and waltz outside, holding it open for me. I walked out with a slump, a feeling of dread etching its way up inside of my throat but shook it off despite the unsettling feeling of it all.