Chapter Two: Different morning

.....................................

Romans POV

I awoke to the sunlight streaming through my window as a light breeze swooped around my room. I looked across my twin brothers' bed and smiled when I saw he was still asleep.

You see, my twin brother - Remus, was a strange one. He has a Gruesome imagination, full of dark thoughts that were disgusting to any normal person, but to Remus they were amazing. He would draw them or talk about them in detail, absolutely fascinated with the concept, his eyes lighting up as he rambled on about some disgusting creature he created in his head.
To be honest, it was quite reassuring when he looked happy, due to his usual sad demeanour.
Remus wasn't the happiest of people, not that he liked to show it in front of anyone apart from me. He puts up an aggressive and crazy persona to try and escape from his head. I knew that it was all fake, but others looked down on him because of it, Remus doesn't seem to care though.

I flung myself out of bed as I walked in stride towards Remus's side of the room. I gently shook him, and he woke up fairly quickly, giving me a small smile before getting up.

I walked to the bathroom, before jumping in the shower to get washed.
After my shower I done my daily routine, opting for a red and white letterman jacket, that said my last name 'Prince' on the back, a white t-shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans.
I ran downstairs and grabbed a red apple before turning to see my brother sitting on the couch with a green apple in hand.

"Hey Ro, at this new school, do you wanna keep the same persona?" He asked with a smirk that indicated to me that he wanted to do it again.

"Sure thing. I act all prince-like and you act unstable!" I answered with a chuckle. This answer received a smile from Remus before he stood up and walked towards the door, I quickly followed after him, ensuring that he doesn't get hit by a car as he sprints towards the school.

Remus stopped gently before he got to the gates of the school grounds. He turned to me with a nervous smile and said " I know I'm gonna act like an ass, but just know, I love you, Ro." he smiled again before clearing his throat and turned to me with a sadistic grin on his face, causing me to laugh. I find it interesting how Remus always feels the need to put up a persona in front of others, but I knew the reason behind it.
" you can go ahead, try not to scare everyone to much on our first day." I said smiling back at Remus.

"Sure thing, bye asshole!" he grinned before running through a group of people making his way through crowds and to the door, he got many dirty looks from people who were frowning, but he just smirked and ran inside.

I found my way through the halls and to the principal's office, I saw Remus pacing back and forth outside of the office door.

"Sup bro" I called, and Remus turned to me and smiled.

I waltzed my way up to the door and gave a loud knock.
"Come in!" A lady called, as I gently opened the door and walked inside, holding the door open for Remus as he walked in behind me.

The principal was nice, she gave us a small smile when we told her about the personas that we kept up. I could tell she found it quite strange, but she laughed anyway. Remus kept quiet and gave a small smile when I turned to look at him.
"It's quite alright that you two are doing this 'acting thing' around others," She laughed " But please, try not to get into any trouble. Especially you Remus, I can tell that you are a nice person, and I don't want anything to happen to you." She gave a comforting and motherly smile to Remus.

"Thanks, I'll try, but I can't make any promises!" He grinned, going back to acting once again. The principal smiled and then gave us our schedules before leading us to our first period classroom.

Remus and I stopped and looked at each other before we switched into a Prince and a trash man. The principal laughed before giving a small knock on the door followed by a man saying "Come on in."

We walked inside, standing in front of the class, a couple kids began to whisper. The only things I caught were-

'Oh my god, that guy was the one who was running through the crowds this morning!'

I turned to look at my brother who gave a manic smirk towards the girl who said it, causing her to shrink back in her seat.

'The one in red's pretty cute!' Whispered a girl, who glanced up at me then whispered to her friends. She turned bright pink when she saw I had heard her, and I gave her a charming smile and a wink, secretly cringing on the inside.

"Hello, Mr Bennet. These are your two new students, Remus and Roman. They are in-fact, twins." The principal said to our first period teacher as she handed him a small note on a tiny piece of pink, flowered, paper. He read it and smiled at us before speaking.

"Since you two are new, I think it would be good for you both to introduce yourselves and then say a couple facts about you." The old man smiled, "Also I will appoint someone from this class to give you both a small tour and show you around a bit!" he finished with a sweet smile that actually met his eyes.

"Mr Baker?" He called, turning to look at a desk nearer the front of the class. "Would you like to show these two around the school and to their next period class?" He asked a small boy, wearing round glasses, a blue and white sweater and Denim shorts. The boy smiled at the teacher before turning to us. "Yeah, that'll be good!" He smiled with a small giggle.

He seemed nice, cheerful even. Remus looked up and gave a look of disgust at the teens who started whispering and laughing at the small, happy boy.
The students immediately stopped and hid from glare, I held in a laugh as I looked at my new home room/first period teacher. He seemed pretty nice and supportive and also held his own miniature glare.

"The names Remus Prince. I don't put up with anyone's bullshit." Remus commented as the teacher gave him a worried look. He looked affronted between whether to tell him off or silently cheer, deciding to not comment in the end.

And I am Roman Prince. The more subtle of the two of us!" I announced with pride as I turned to my teacher. "Where shall we sit, Sir?" I asked with a smile. The teacher turned to look at the class and pointed to the two seats behind the small, happy boy.

I happily strode across the classroom, followed by my brother shoving past me and getting the seat closest to the wall. I gave him a fake glare as I sat down in my seat with straight posture while my brother, gracefully slammed his head into the table and slouched into his seat.