no more

๑ 13 ๑

A few weeks had come and gone, most of those days consisting of Mike spending as much time with El as he possibly could. He visited her every chance he got, while also attempting to keep up a decent attendance record at school.

As often as he visited her though, he hadn't snuck her out once since their day at Lover's Lake. It was still so bizarre to him, how they had yet to get caught going behind her Papa's back, so he didn't really want to push their luck. Staying in that cabin wasn't what El would've preferred to do and he knew that, but it was all he could give her right now. He wanted more than anything to get her out of there and take her places, but it just wasn't safe.

As for Mike, he didn't care where they were or what they were doing, just as long as he got to spend time with her. It was pretty obvious by now that he had taken quite a liking to the girl... meaning he's practically in love with her. Truthfully, he'd been in love with her for awhile now.

How could he not be? When he looked at her all he saw was perfection, both inside and out. Then there's that whole superpower thing, which was pretty badass in his opinion. Even without it though, he knew she still would've gotten him to stick around that day he broke into her home and eventually make spending time with her the top priority in his life.

Not that he had much of a life before her, but it was pretty clear now that she was all he really cared about.

When he was with her, he made it his sole mission to make her happy. So, he taught her things she had yet to learn or random little things that she wanted to do specifically with him, no matter what those things were. In the midst of all that fun, they shared an occasional kiss or two, but still, he didn't want to push her too far. It wasn't about that for him anyways. He didn't need anything from her to keep him happy, just as long as he could be with her. 

He was almost certain that she felt that way too, that she liked him the way he liked her. He could see it in the way she looked at him or the way she would get so excited when he came over. Not to mention, how much she enjoyed kissing him.

Given the lifetime of isolation she had from the rest of the world though, he didn't want to assume anything. Everything that was a sign to him could mean something entirely different for her. He really felt like an idiot for second guessing it all when it was so incredibly obvious, but he couldn't help it. 

Today he would put an end to all that though, because he was going to tell her how he felt, how he truly felt. He was going to admit those strong feelings that he held in his heart for her and nothing was going to stop him.

El had spent her Monday morning holed up in her room, listening to music on her walkman. She took her time listening to every single tape Mike had given her, dancing her way through each song that played with a content smile on her face.

Today was going to be a great day.

Papa had left the cabin hours ago and she had been a ball of excitement ever since because Mike was coming over. He had the day off from school, so he would be able to stay all day long instead of the usual few hours she got with him after and she had so much planned.

He should be getting there anytime now and she couldn't wait to see him again. It had only been a few days since he'd last come over, but it felt like so much longer. It always seemed that way for her. The more time she spent with him, the more she missed him while he was gone.

Since Papa hadn't taken her back to the lab after her refusing to cooperate in the Void, that gave her and Mike plenty of time together, which made her incredibly happy. If only it weren't for stupid school keeping him away, she could have him all to herself.