it's on me

๑ 6 ๑

Mike was certain that he had racked up so much on his credit card within those few hours at the mall, there was a good chance of it being declined pretty soon. Of course he had the funds to pay for everything he'd bought for her, it wasn't like he was poor or anything, it was just unusual for him to spend so much at once.

His dad would surely throw a fit if he knew how much Mike was blowing on a girl he literally just met. It would all be worth it though, he could definitely admit that. Seeing this girl so happy over the most simplest of things was something he never expected to have even the smallest bit of an effect on him, but it certainly did.

When she'd discover a new store or something hanging on one of the racks would catch her eye,  she'd let out the happiest of squeals and for some reason, it gave him such a warm feeling inside, a feeling he gladly welcomed.

The more time he spent with her though, the more feelings started to rise, feelings that he wasn't too sure if he wanted to let in or not, like the ones that would surface when she looked at him in a certain way or when she would hold his hand.

And don't even get him started on what he felt each time she walked out of that dressing room, wearing clothes that were much more suited for someone her age, clothes that he could tell she truly felt comfortable in. Every time she stepped out, looking at him like his opinion was the only one that mattered, he couldn't help but still at the sight.

Her standing there, doe eyes locked solely on his made time simply cease to exist, allowing him to take in every single one of her undeniably perfect features, to notice just how pretty she was.

Of course, he thought she was pretty from the moment he saw her, but being tied up to a chair and given the third degree by a girl wasn't exactly something he found attractive. At least, not in that particular situation. So, it wasn't really a surprise that he found her to be a pretty girl, beautiful even. It was, however, a surprise that he found himself feeling more than just an innocent attraction to her.

She wasn't just some girl that he passed by at the mall, thought to himself how hot she was, then proceeded to go on with his day. No, it wasn't like that at all and he had no idea what was going on.  This had never happened to him before, especially not with a girl he hardly knew.

He'd certainly never been one to let a girl have this much control over him to the point where he was buying her literally anything she wanted and taking photos with her in a silly photo booth. He was even letting her hold his hand, which is something that he never does.

There was just something about this girl though, and he couldn't seem to understand it. She was so different from all the girls he knew, which was something he obviously had known to be true since the moment he met her. Only now, he kinda liked that about her...

Mike was willing let his mind wander a bit more, but a honking from a car just up ahead shook him out of his thoughts. He focused back on the road for a minute, then glanced over at El, sitting comfortably in the passenger seat next to him.

She was staring out the window, as intently as she had been earlier, only now the setting sun cast a glow on her skin. Mike quickly found himself mesmerized by the sight, being simply no match for her beauty.

Thankfully though, he did manage to snap himself out of it before he nearly ran into the car in front of them.

"So, since we spent so long at the mall, we really only have time for one more stop." Mike told her, breaking the comfortable silence that had come over them as they listened to the radio play.