you're incredible

๑ 7 ๑

Why did you disobey me, Eleanor?

Why are you with that boy?

He's not your friend. He's only going to hurt you.

Oh, just wait until I find you.

You're going to wish you never left that cabin. 

El awoke with a soft gasp, the harsh words of her Papa fading away as the image of Mike came into view.

"Hey, you okay?" Mike asked, as he softly placed a hand on her arm. "I've been trying to wake you for a few minutes now. You were tossing and turning like crazy."

She blinked a couple of times, allowing her vision to clear up, before slowly nodding her head. "Bad dream."

"Oh. Well, at least it's over now "

"Yeah..." El mumbled, trying her best to ignore the unsettling fact that her dream could very well become reality.

"I was wondering when you'd finally wake up though. It's almost 1 in the afternoon. How the hell did you sleep so late?"

El simply shrugged her shoulders, not exactly sure how she slept half the day away. She's never slept that long before.

Mike chuckled, before crossing the room to get to his closet. "Well it's time to go, so get dressed and do whatever else you need to do, then meet me outside at the car, okay?"

"Okay." She nodded, watching as he left the room with a pair of his shoes in hand. 

Her eyes stayed locked on the door, her sadness starting to sink in as she realized what came next.

She has to go home now, for real this time.

Mike has to do things with his friends, so he can't drive her around all day. There's nothing else keeping her from going back to that dreadful cabin and she absolutely hated it.

She knew she would have to go home eventually, but how was she supposed to go back to being all alone when there's a whole world out there full of exciting things, a world full of so many different people, most of which, had been very nice to her.

No matter how much she didn't want to go back, she had to.

So, she did her very best to shove those unfortunate feelings aside and climbed out of Mike's bed. She got one of her new outfits out of the shopping bag on the floor, choosing to wear one of the cute shirts with the pair of shorts she had found— blue jean shorts, that's what Mike had told her they were called.

After she had changed, she went into the bathroom to freshen up, making sure to brush her teeth with the extra toothbrush Mike had given her the night before.

She combed through her slightly tangled locks, deciding to braid it today. It didn't take her long at all to do so, seeing as she had certainly perfected the technique by now. Her hair always looked so pretty that way and she loved it.

Maybe Mike will too...

Once she was satisfied with her appearance, she then stuffed her dirty clothes in one of the bags and took them all with her as she headed down the steps. She quickly went out the front door, where she found Mike stood by his car, thankfully the one belonging to his father now gone.

"Stop it!" She heard Mike yell, his command directed toward the tiny dog jumping at his feet. "Quit it you little shit!"

"Hey! Come here!" El called out to the dog, bending down once she got a little closer. She had never gotten to play with one before, but had always thought they were the cutest animals.