the chronicles of n&w part 10

Btw this series has lile 19 chapters
----------

Nico's POV

I hadn't meant to fall asleep so quickly. I opened my eyes, blinking quickly as I tried to calibrate my vision. Oh gods, it was already half past six. I was going to get myself windows, and I was going to do it soon. No more procrastinating. But I had more important things to take care of first. Will had fallen asleep and was draped over me, pinning me to the bed. He seemed to glow even in my dim cabin. Apollo's son indeed. I shivered at the feeling of his skin against mine, causing him to stir. Damn it.

"Angel?" He mumbled. I had taught myself to stop protesting against nicknames ages ago. His gaze snatched mine. Blue like the sky, when you lay in your back in the grass and let the warm sun caress you and you know that everything's going to be alright. It had been a while since I'd felt like that.

"Time to get up, before anyone notices your absence." I told him quietly. He realized that he was on top of me and sat up. When the warmth left my chest, I felt a strange sense of loss that I shouldn't have.

"Oh crap," He muttered. "My siblings are always up when the sun is. I'd better hurry. See you at breakfast." I nodded silently, giving him a little smile. He returned it, and ran to his cabin just as the Apollo's chariot crested the horizon. I remembered riding in it, back when I was still a naive kid. It felt like it had been decades since Thalia crashed it into the lake. Since this magical world had shattered me and then put me back together.

When we joined our friends for breakfast, we didn't dare meet eyes. Neither of us were ready to come out to the camp yet. It felt like something private, just between me and him.

"You look happy," Jason observed.

"Yeah, are you okay?" Percy asked.

I laughed derisively, earning worried looks from both of them. "Is it a disease to be a happy?"

"Are you drunk?" Jason inquired, concern coloring his voice.

"I'm fifteen. It's illegal for me to consume alcohol." I tried to frown, but it probably didn't work.

"Oh yeah, how was the concert? There were no monster attacks, right?" Percy questioned, raising his eyebrows.

"It was okay." I answered curtly.

"Didn't know that you and Solace were such good friends."

He had to bring it up. Why, Jason? Why? "You could say that. He's always been nice. It's kind of a personality trait of his." I had to be careful with what I told them at this point. Maybe they'd begun to suspect.

"Hmm," Jason prodded at his bacon. "Well, it's good that you have someone to hang out with. We haven't exactly had time, as the members of the late Argo II, to have fun together. It's just been taking so much time to fix everything that was damaged."

"I promised Bianca that I would look out for you, and I'm not stepping back now." Percy agreed.

"Bianca is dead." They flinched at the resoluteness on my face. "I understand that. She's moved on to the next life, and I'm glad that she gets a redo." I gazed around at the camp. There was no visible damage remaining from the war. Even flowers and grass had begun to grow in what had once been a smoking crater. "We don't have to fix everything. We just have to believe that things'll be okay."