❝whipped cream❞ || ᴋ. ꜱʜɪɴꜱᴜᴋᴇ

warning!!: manga spoilers!! other than that, enjoy!!~♥

⌶ words: 3448

————————————

❝there's whipped cream on the corner of ya cheek❞

————————————

(Y/N)'s hand brushed against the handle of the wooden sliding door, a soft "pump" sound echoed, reaching her ears as she tapped the tip of her shoes on the eggwhite hallway floor.  The (C/H)-nett slugged her bag over her shoulder, hissing when the strap of her bag dug into her shoulder. 

Shaking it off, she headed towards the gym, picking up a certain dual-tone haired male. Deadlines were closing in, and half of the people in her project group were free-riders, thinking since they had Kita and (Y/N) in the group, they could get an easy A without really doing anything. 

"ahh... I shouldn't have brought all these books", (Y/N) mentally cursed, slouching, she nudged her bag towards her chest in hope to aid the weighing down of the bag. The halls were emptier than usual, most students have left club activities as soon as the bell rang, either going home earlier to get a head start on studying, or going to the school library. 

Being a powerhouse school, the libraries were huge, having multiple stories and multiple studying rooms, it was quiet, peaceful, and had a clean atmosphere to it. Though (Y/N) would have preferred studying in the library, ever since the teachers handed out the exam syllabus, it had been unusually crowded.

(Y/N) and Kita was in the same class, nevertheless, they never really chatted. Though they always seemed to sit close to each other. Not right by each other, but they're either in front and behind or diagonally. 

The only time they semi-had a conversation was when Kita dropped a pencil underneath (Y/N)'s chair, (Y/N) being (Y/N), was too oblivious to notice where it was even when Kita was directly pointing at it. It was too far for Kita to grab it without getting out of the seat, and (Y/N) was too much of a dumbass to pinpoint where he was pointing at. 

The easy 20-second interaction was dragged out to a minute and a half, (Y/N) furiously turning her head side to side, looking for Kita's mechanical pencil. When she finally found it, the bell rang before they could chat some more. (Y/N)'s friends came to pick her up for lunch, Kita went to volleyball practice, and they went their separate ways.

Despite (Y/N)'s clumsy nature, Kita admired her hardworking character.

(Y/N) wasn't the smartest, nor was she the fastest learner, she was a hard-working person, pouring her heart out in every essay and did her best to fulfil her responsibilities as an honourable student in class 3-7. 

(Y/N) would take extra notes after every lesson, did pre-lesson preparations, asked lots of questions both in class and after class. She would also stay behind in shogi practice and help polish the boards and shogi pieces, not that shes necessarily doing this for anyone, it was just a way to thank the shoji boards and pieces, that's what she thought at least. 

(Y/N) enjoyed the silence when the wiped the boards, how the sun would give her a tangerine hue and the faint warmness of the light. It was just something about the empty shogi room, the almost crisp "clink" sound of her putting the shogi pieces in their respective places, or even the way the boards stacked perfectly. It just puts her at ease, knowing everything is in their own place, and that everything is "set".

(Y/N) waited outside the metal double doors patiently, the sound of volleyball hitting the wooden floor soon got overtook by the metal scraping against itself as they were lowered. She almost cringed at the sound, she preferred the sound of shogi pieces clicking against the wooden board over the sound of balls literally breaking someone's arms.