❝in like❞ || ꜱ. ʀɪɴᴛᴀʀᴏᴜ

warning!!: manga spoilers!! other than that, enjoy!!~♥

words: 4088

————————————

❝Rintarou ya come back here! Don't leave me, you bully!❞

————————————

"Suna definitely has the hots for her, 'Samu"

"what are you talkin' about?", Osamu asked, looking at his carbon copy of a brother with a questionable gaze before looking at the two who were chatting, giving each other playful punches and teasing smiles.

Though it wasn't obvious, Osamu was just as curious as his brother. They've never seen Suna smile like that, let alone laugh, and they sure didn't expect some girl to be the one who made him like that.

"I've never seen him like that, is he blushing? I think he is-OH MY GOD HE IS"

"where-OH MY HE IS! HIS EARS ARE ALL RED"

Lately, (Y/N) have been waiting for Suna after volleyball practice, she would even bring him bottled drinks she bought from the school's vending machine every time. It's not like (Y/N) never waited for Suna after school, it's just that she never really could even if she wanted to. (Y/N) either had orchestra rehearsals or personal practice sessions with (Y/N), herself, and her. 

The (H/C)-nett was a member of the orchestra, playing the harp and being her own section leader. Usually, there was more than one player in one section, such as woodwinds and strings, both large in numbers.

But nope, she was the only one playing the harp after her upperclassmen graduated last year.

(Y/N) would usually practice the harp at school, the one she had at home was tiny compared to the one at school, and she didn't have enough savings for a larger, more grand one. Plus, it's always fun to show off her harp playing skills to people passing the corridors.

 Maybe that would help her find her "fated one", like the scenes she saw in books where the main love interest would find the main protagonist in the club room playing the harp, enchanted by the flowing melodies, fall in love with their instrumental skills and them in the end.

It's not like that didn't happen anyways.

It was the second year of middle school, (Y/N) playing the harp in her school's music room as usual. The spring breeze slightly playing with the light cream curtains, the clip holding her ring folder together held the scores together neatly as (E/C) eyes soak in the rows of notes. 

Peach brilliance outlined the female and the surrounding objects nicely, it was almost as if it was an all-natural spotlight brought to you by your dear mother nature. 

Just as (Y/N)'s fingers flicked the nylon strings, producing strings of melodies, the boy's volleyball club ended their practice. Suna dragged his tired self to the bathroom, hoping to wash up one last time before leaving campus. 

On the way there, something different caught his attention.

The dark-haired male turned towards the sound, approaching the respective room as the sound only got louder. Though the melody didn't flow super smoothly, having mistakes here and there, either from the player playing the wrong notes or them being a beat or two behind. 

Nevertheless, Suna continued to walk towards the music room where the noise originated. 

The rope of tunes was cut off by the clubroom door opening slightly, (Y/N) turned her head towards the door, tilting her head only to meet a boy not much taller than her peeping through the crack of the door.