Introduction- A Rude Awakening

Zelda's P.O.V

tap tap tap

''ugh...I'm tired... let me sleep..." I groaned, rolling over onto the pillows in a hopeless attempt to muffle the sound.

tap tap tap

"Jeez, give it a rest!" I tried to shout, but i was so tired it came out as a hoarse whisper.

TAP TAP TAP

"I'M AWAKE, OK!?" I finally rolled out of bed, then I shivered when my bare feet touched the floor. 'and that's how you know it's winter.' I thought to myself, letting out another hollow groan. Sliding my feet into a pair of soft slippers, I approached my mirror, and was immediately shocked by my disgraceful appearance. Princesses are normal people too ok? Everybody has their flaws, including me!

After getting washed and dressed, I stepped outside to investigate the source of the noise. After twisting and turning through the snow covered hedges in the courtyard, i arrived outside my bedroom window- I prefer to sleep downstairs now, i have a better chance of escaping if the castle is attacked- but when I got there both the sound and whatever was making it had gone. I shrugged it off, assuming a bird or some kind of animal really liked my window.

When I was walking back to the castle, I bumped into Impa- Hyrule's military commanding officer- and was greeted by some grave news... Hyrule is under attack, but this time, there's no kokori warrior to save it...

Then i realised it was time for me to grow up. I can't just be a Princess anymore, I have to be a Queen. This time, I have to be the knight in shining armour...