Chapter 1- The Battle Begins

Zelda's P.O.V

 I slolwy climbed the marble stairs, observing each beautiful oil painting as i passed it. They told the story of the Hero of Time, or as I knew him, Link. I had never really appreciated these pictures before, but now this could be the last time I ever lay eyes on them, the last time I may  ever see my true love.

*flashback*

12 years ago

I cast the Ocarina deep into the moat of Hyrule Castle, where the Demon Lord, Ganondorf, could never find it. I did this in hope that one day, the foretold hero would hold it in his hands,  play the first note, and discover that he was the Hero of Time...

I closed my eyes and listened to the rhythmic beating of the horse's hooves, picturing all of my memories and holding tightly to them. But every second that passsed, another moment of my previous life slipped away forever. I held tight to Impa's waist as we rode into the sunset, hoping that soon everything would be over, that everyhing would be alright.

*back to present*

I carried on, rushing up each flight of stairs until I reached the top of the tower. Slightly out of breath, I scanned the bare room for a window. The solitary gap in the wall was a small one, clearly desingned for shooting arrows from. I dashed towards it, slipping my head through the gap. My eyes widened in horror as I observed the evil that was once again among us. I glanced over the calm, tranquil Hyrule Field, then my eyes met with a blue-black fog entwined by blinding light. The evil was approaching, and this time it wanted war.