Chapter 11

Mira stayed on the floor for almost an hour, utterly confused about why the others were rooting for her to win even if her chances of staying alive were slim. She just sat there, gnawing on her lips in deep thought, that's when Finnick found her.

Finnick quietly observed the 16-year-old who was clearly lost in her world. He stared at how she was sitting distractedly on the floor, hands clenched on top of the sofa, eyebrows scrunched together, and lips in between her pearl-white teeth.

She was quite a sight indeed.

Seeing her almost made Finnick forget about why he was there in the first place. It was 9 in the morning, and the other districts were starting to arrive. Once the last district, District 12, turns up, they will immediately be led to the Remake Center where the tributes will be pampered and styled to the Capitol's beauty standards. Having a district closer to the capitol has advantages, like having more time to be familiar with the extravagant environment that one could only find in the Capitol.

"Mira-" Finnick started but Lassie's high-pitched voice interrupted.

"What are you still doing my dear? Dilly-dallying will not turn you into a victor!" Mira finally returns to reality and slowly stands from her position, bones cracking from the sudden movement. She didn't know how long she was sitting there, but the sudden tingling on her legs knew that it was long enough to make her legs go numb. 

"Now you Mr. Finnick Odair, I clearly told you to prepare your tributes for their prep team after you met with the other mentors." Lassie scolded freshly painted hands on her hips.

Before Finnick could say a smart reply, Destan strolled into the room freshly out of the shower. "Can't blame him for getting distracted." He chuckles, shaking his wet hair as he walks across the other side of the room. "I mean-" He smirks in amusement, not looking up from the floor.

"I mean what Calder?" Finnick grits out challengingly.

Destan slowly looks up mockingly to look at Finnick from his lashes and brings his index finger to his lips, winking.

That ticked off the older boy but nonetheless, remained on his spot. Destan clearly despises his mentor, and the other party obviously reciprocates the feeling.

"You boys should act your age and be more professional." Lassie pointed out and took long strides to where Mira stood, gently pulling her away from her current spot. "You and Mr. Calder need to get ready now." She stopped to throw Destan a pointed look, to which he groans and nods.

Lassie grins in victory and takes the arms of both her tributes to lead them to the Remake Center. Before Finnick loses sight of the three, Lassie quickly reminds him, without glancing back, "Go and tell the others that we already left dearie! Delays aren't an option now.".

"We wouldn't be doing that much work on her right Bythe?"

"I agree Nerissa. She's too-" The blue-haired puckers her lips and squints his eyes finding the right words to describe the girl right in front of them. "Clean."

"It's very unusual and different," Nerine adds.

"I like unusual and different." Nerissa absentmindedly says, to which the others instantly nod in agreement,

Mira was sitting on what seemed to be a metal table, quietly observing the three brightly colored people who were supposed to be pampering her a few minutes ago. But the moment she stepped into the curtains, her prep team just took their time to detect whether she had a hair out of place rather than starting to rip all her hair out like what she heard from the room beside her.