Chapter 19

Mira and Nixie round the corner, showing the others waiting for them by the elevator. All backs were turned on them, except for Destan's stylist and Thalassa who were immediately stunned at the sight of her. 

"You have outdone yourself this time Nixie." Destan's stylist says without taking his eyes off of Mira. This earned an arrogant scoff and a playful eye roll from the stylist beside her as Nixie took longer strides to walk past Destan in the room who still had his back towards them. As Nixie walked past them to greet and give kisses to her co-stylist, Thalassa shook herself out of her trance, her expression softening as she was the one to replace Nixie on Mira's side when she cooed in admiration. 

"Oh my dear child, you look lovely!" Lassie clasped her gloved hands together and whipped her head behind her to call unto Destan who had just turned around to look at what everybody was gushing about. "Doesn't she look lovely Destan?"

The two tributes lock eyes with each other, and for the first time since they met, Destan was the one to blush and look away first before he grunted out an awkward "I suppose." in approval while rubbing his neck. 

Mira thanked the people who were currently giving her praises and attention. But she was slightly disappointed to see that the one person whose opinion she cared about was nowhere to be found, that is until her eyes landed on his suit-clad back. Finnick and the other mentors were talking with the other district mentors. They were all dressed up just like the others in the area, all nice and fancy. 

While the others were busy chatting about how they prepared their District 4 tributes, Mira couldn't help but admire Finnick in a suit. She took her time to observe his jaw and the dimples that popped up on his cheek when he looked sideways to laugh about what his companion said. That is, until, the other mentors took notice of the pretty girl staring at the capitol's darling. 

Mira was still staring at Finnick when she saw the female mentor gesture to Finnick to come down from his tall height to whisper something in his ear. Not a second of the supposed whisper, his eyes immediately went up to finally meet eyes with the beautiful, young girl staring at him. She sees the female mentor smirk as Finnick excuses himself without breaking eye contact with Mira. Mira finally breaks eye contact when she realizes that Finnick is walking towards them with a grin on his face. 

"Well look what we have here-" He starts, gaining the attention of the others. "-you look beautiful as always Ms. Fairkin." Finnick doesn't take his eyes off Mira's as he takes her hand to place a lingering kiss on it. The gesture makes Mira flush red as a tomato and averts her gaze elsewhere as she whispers a soft "thank you".

"BEAUTIFUL?" Nixie interjects, seeming offended at how Finnick describes her current masterpiece. "Finnick Odair, she is not JUST beautiful-" her gloved hand is placed on her chest as she saunters around their female tribute. "She is a stunning creature with exceptionally ethereal features that is not hard to draw inspiration from. I did not spend my time turning this already alluring girl into an irresistible goddess, just for you to call her-" She walks towards Finnick and pokes his chest, "beautiful.", she finishes in a whisper. 

"I agree." The twins say in unison, and the rest of them nod their heads in approval.

Finnick grins at the current scene, and Nixie composes herself as she walks back to Mira. She places her gloved hands delicately on both of  Mira's exposed arms, "Now Mr. Odair, use the proper adjective." 

Mira looked unto Finnick's tantalizing green eyes and watched as his lips parted to say, "You look absolutely ravishing my dear." 

Blood rushes up to Mira's face as the others, except for Destan, squeal at Finnick's choice of words. The unreadable look on Finnick's face made Mira think about what was in her mentor's mind.