Chapter Four

When I woke up, my head stung, and my ears were ringing. As any normal person, I wondered what happened.
        My mind was a blur, and trying to remember anything hurt. I looked outside, it was the middle of the night. I checked my surroundings, and realized that I was in my room. Thank god! I sat up, though my head was screaming no, I started walking out of my room; ever so quietly.
        I've done this a few times before, so I know what step creeks and what doesn't. I lean onto the railing to make sure I don't fall, and step along the very edge of the stairs, hearing no creeks. I finally get down the stairs, but everything else is dark. I can barely see. I hold my head in my hands as I wait for my eyes to get adjusted.
        Finally, I'm able to see the kitchen, as the moonlight through the living room window slightly illuminates the two rooms. The moon is very bright tonight, but it doesn't hurt my eyes. I carefully step into the kitchen, but I'm not looking where I'm going. My head still hurts, and my body aches. My arms don't have a sharp pain, but they're sore.
        You know how you'd wake up, and the day before that you'd done something quite active that required a lot of strength on your arms and legs? Then you sit up and start stretching, but your arms ache from the previous days' work? Yeah, that's how my arms and legs feel.
        My stomach probably has a giant bruise, but it won't matter if I check or not; it's not like it's gonna fix my problem. Anyways; since I'm not looking where I'm going, I end up smacking my stomach on the edge of the counter, so I fall and land on my ass. "Ow!" I whisper-yell.
        I hold my breath, hoping that didn't wake anyone up. But by holding my breath, it greatly hurts my stomach and chest, so I start to breathe again. I slowly get up, grabbing at the counter for support, and push myself up. Man, I need to be more careful...
        I amble over to the cabinet where we keep our medicine. With a shaky hand, I reach out and grab an Ibuprofen bottle and set it on the isle behind me. I reach over to the cabinet above the fridge and grab a glass cup. I move the cup underneath the water dispenser on the fridge, and collect the water (without spilling any). I turn to the isle, and grab the bottle of Ibuprofen and as quiet as possible, shake out one of the pills. I pop it in my mouth, and drink the water. The pill slides down my throat along with the water, as if it's been done 100 times before (it probably has, knowing me). I set the glass in the sink, and carefully head up to my bedroom.
        Once I've opened the door, I sit down on my bed. Okay, it's been a little while; let's try and remember what happened. It slowly comes back the harder I think... Hannah pushed me into the woods, I fell, and that's all I remember. But... how'd I get here?
        I feel a cold breeze, then look at my window. The curtains are blowing, and my window is open. On my windowsill, I see a note.... What the hell could that be? I rush out of my bed, not caring if I make a sound, and grab the note off the windowsill. It's a wonder it didn't fall, but then again, the wind was blowing in my room. It must've been placed here just recently... because it wasn't here before...
        I can't see what's written on there from here, so I open my window a little more, and put the note outside;
        Hello sunshine, after that BITCH Hannah pushed you into the woods, I saw you tumble down. I was very worried, and I went to drop you off at your home. You were unconscious, and I already tried waking you up. I was gonna leave you in your bed and head out, but I figured you'd be uncomfortable in those dirty clothes. I hope you don't mind the fact I changed you; I wouldn't do anything else to you without your permission.
        From, Toby.
P.S. I took care of Hannah for you, she won't bother you again.
        What the hell...