Chapter Eight

There, just outside the window, I saw what appears to be two male figures. The moon is a bit darker tonight, so it's hard to make out their features. I try my best anyways, because I want to know if A. I know them, and B. They have any weapons.
So, one has some light-colored mask (can't tell what's on the mask, as the angle is odd), what I'll guess is brown hair, and a darker orange-ish jacket. The other had a lighter color that looked similar to the other guys', so I'm assuming it's yellow. That's really all I could tell, because his hood was up.
Wait a minute... who are they? And why are they here? And since I've already done why and who, let's continue! What do they want from me? When did they first arrive? Where did they come from? And how did they know where I live?
And... what the- I think there's a third one! Damn, another one? Grayson's gonna freak when she hears this! He wasn't there before... so how did he just appear without me seeing him..? wait- THAT'S TOBY! That would explain it, I'd assume Toby to know where to hide to come out. I guess I'm not telling Grayson... and it doesn't look like Toby is attacking them... So what the hell is going on?!
I speed-walked over to my bed, not caring if I was making noise. My feet now made a smacking sound, as this time, I wasn't being slow and careful. On the opposite side of my (F/C) bed, I grabbed a light grey sweatshirt that I had. It had (W/C) flowers on the inside of the sleeves, and was comfortable when you put it on. I threw on the light grey sweatshirt I had that I was just describing.
       Then I grabbed my metal bat. The (W/C) paint was peeling off since it was a bit used. Don't get me wrong; the bat can seriously pack a punch; I was just saying it was a bit used. And either the paint wasn't high quality, or I didn't use it right. I walked over to the window, my feet making the same smacking sounds.
       I opened my window with ease, as it's been done before. Then came my screen, which I haven't used it too much, so it was a bit harder. I started to climb out, but in a hurry. I didn't want them to leave before I got a chance to talk to them!
Now, my room is on the second floor, so just jumping out wouldn't be too good of an idea. But, my dad decided to build stairs leading from my window to the ground, so I just took those. Easy and simple. After I reached the ground, that's when the guys decided to notice me.
The one with the yellow hoodie has what I'll assume to be a black mask, with large, red dots for the eyes, and a red smile. The other guy has on a white mask, with feminine lips and eyes, all black. I started to smile a little, that was kinda funny. BUT ANYWAYS- that's not why I came out.
"Why are you two strangers in my yard?!" I held the bat over my shoulder, kinda like a batter would do before getting into position.
"We wanted to see the girl Toby was-" the guy with the white mask got cut off by Toby pushing him to the ground.
"The girl Toby is what?" I turned to the other guy, hoping he would answer.
"Now, didn't I say me and you would talk about that later?" Toby gritted through his teeth.
"Yeah, you did. But I didn't know that's why they came! It could've been two different reasons," I responded.
The guy that Toby pushed seemed to "wake up". Maybe Toby pushed him a little too hard? "TOBY! WHAT THE HELL!"
"YOU WERE ABOUT TO TELL HER MY SECRET! I WAS WAITING TO TELL HER THAT!" Toby shouted back.
They started screaming at each other, but I spoke up, "DON'T YOU THINK PEOPLE ARE GOING TO HERE YOU?"
They fell quiet. "Now, all I came down here to do was see why the fuck two strangers were in my backyard. If you two want to continue shouting so the whole world can hear you, be my guest. But do it elsewhere. If not, I will be using my bat," I took it off my shoulder and held it up for them to see, "So if that's all, I'm going to be going to bed."
"Well- I'd assume you'll see us again, so I'm Hoodie. The other guy is Masky."
"Oh, well okay then. Goodnight, see you tomorrow Toby," I started to walk to the stairs,dry grass poking me bare feet.
I forgot to grab socks- how did I not feel that before? "G-Goodnight (Y/N)!" I heard Toby slightly stutter.
Now I wanted to know what Toby's secret was... but he said he'd tell me sometime... I wonder when..

Also- this is what I'd imagine what her side of the house looks like;

The stairs maybe not so twisty, but other than that, that's what I imagine it to look like