Runaway

Ambrose drove from Devonport to Aberdeen just to clear his mind. He wanted to see his girlfriend. No he needed to see her. He needed to be by her side right now more than ever. He wasn't sure how he would be greeted but he honestly didn't care. At least Amelia was staying with his Aunt Brie for the time being.

Pulling up the drive to his aunt and uncle's house the teen was more nervous than he had ever been in his life. He parked his car, grabbed the small gift he had brought with him and made his way to the door knocking.

Ambrose's POV

Uncle Bryan is going to kill me for showing up this late, I thought as I checked my watch. It was nearly 3 am. As the lights came on I held took a baited breath waiting for the lecture, but it was Aunt Brie who opened the door.

"Running away is immature Ambrose," she started. "Not a very good way to convince your mom and dad you are ready to help Melia." Damn it, mom had called her. I just stood there unsure of what to say. Nerves had finally gotten the better of me until I heard her shaken tear ridden voice.

"Brie who is it?" I watched as the girl I had fallen in love with made her way downstairs. "Hey Amelia." Was all I could manage to say. Even after crying, with messy hair, in a Shield t-Shirt three sizes too big she was still the most beautiful sight to me. Knowing she was carrying my child just made it better somehow. Like I was the luckiest man alive.

Amelia's POV

"Ambrose?" My voice didn't sound like me as I said his name. Then again I had been crying for the last four hours after fighting with dad and Jojo. I really hadn't expected to see him. I don't remember walking to him but the next thing I knew I was in his arms and he was carrying me to the couch.

"I can't believe you are actually here." I said in between sobs. "You are supposed to be in Davenport." I climbed into his lap as he held me tightly rocking me. "I had to see you. I wanted to see you and I wanted to tell you that I'm not going anywhere. My place is right here with you and with our baby." Ambrose spoke as I looked at him.

Brie's POV

I sat and watched the young couple. I couldn't help but be reminded of Cassie and Colby all those years ago. "Ambrose can I talk to you in the other room?" I asked as Melia reluctantly climbed off my nephew so he could follow me into the kitchen. Putting on a pot of water for tea I spoke up, "she got kicked out of her family's house. Her father is really mad that she wants to keep the baby so what are you going to do to help her?"