Chapter 3

╳°»。 ∾・⁙・ ღ ➵ ⁘ ➵ ღ ・⁙・∾ 。«°╳

Minhyuk knew exactly what he had to do. Well, not exactly, but he had a few things in mind; maybe he could invite Kihyun for a photoshoot with Changkyun, or he would invite him for dinner that night with his brother and Hyungwon. He could do both and he figured he would.

He was driving home from work with Changkyun sleeping soundly in the back seat. Something Minhyuk has been aware of since he's taken Changkyun to work, is how tired he always was when they left and it made him sad that he was never able to spend much with him at home since Changkyun was always either sleeping or just not in the mood.

Minhyuk didn't mind taking Changkyun to the company being that he was such a quiet and well behaved kid despite being so sulky and grumpy. It did bother him, though, that in a year he had to start preschool and Changkyun couldn't bear being with anyone who wasn't Minhyuk. How was he going to stand going to school if his father wasn't there?

Once Minhyuk parked his car, he took Changkyun and held him close to his chest as they went to the penthouse. The routine was always the same; wake Changkyun up, bathe and put his pajamas on, leave him in the living room watching cartoons while Minhyuk cooked dinner, brush his teeth after eating and put him to sleep by eight.

But today was different; Minhyuk cooked first while leaving Changkyun in the leaving room, watching a movie. While the food cooked he checked the time on the kitchen clock; it was still before five so he still had time.

Minhyuk immediately grabbed his phone and dialed his brother's number. "Hello? Minhyuk?" The surprise was evident in Hoseok's voice since Minhyuk never really called unless it was something really important, he only texted. "Yes, Hoseok! Would you mind doing me a favor?"

-

That afternoon, Kihyun bought the groceries for the week and he also bought a box of chocolates to share with Yoongi. His roommate was still at work so Kihyun had time to fix something to eat for both of them before he got home; Yoongi had always liked Kihyun's cooking which was one of the reasons why he let the guy stay.

Kihyun texted his friend telling him not to buy anything since he had it already covered to which Yoongi agreed and told Kihyun he would be there soon. The small man smiled proudly to himself as he stared at the exquisite chicken soup he had just made and left it on low fire for it not to be cold when Yoongi arrived.

He was watching a cat video that Hyungwon had sent him on his phone when he got an incoming call from his boss, he picked up after three rings; he didn't want to seem desperate, "hello?" What if the pictures he had taken were not good enough? What if they were going to fire him the same they hired him because they had made a mistake?

"Kihyun, it's about the pictures," shit. "Minhyuk called and told me he wanted to have you take more pictures of him and Changkyun, which I don't understand because the picture you took was fine. But then again, it's his company, so you have to be there tomorrow first thing in the morning. Pick the camera up and leave."

Kihyun sighed in relief and hung up once he agreed. He kept watching the cute video from before and after a few minutes the front door opened, revealing a very tired Yoongi. Kihyun ran up to him and hugged him tightly, to which Yoongi replied by confusingly hugging him back.

"I'm officially employed!!" Yoongi widened his eyes and hugged his friend tighter, picking him up and twirling him around, "for real?! I am so so proud of you!" Kihyun giggled and pulled away from the hug, leading his roommate to the kitchen where he served the soup and they ate at the small table.