Looking for some action (Manchester, 1991)

It's finally time to continue with this story!

Thanks fot the votes and cheers to @blossom8899 for the lovely comment! 

x., Sally

...

"Three quid." I say and hand the guy before me his pints. He hands me a fiver.

"Keep the rest" he says and gives me a wink. I reward him with my best smile.

"Thanks darling." Thats basically the only advantage when the pub is filled with dissapointed ManCity Fans after a lost game, they tend to give a tip here and there and the higher their team has lost, the more I can speculate for a few more pounds in my pocket. Tips are really rare, normally they just invite me for a few beers and there never comes any good out of it. But since Newcastle has wiped the floor with City tonight and will drive home with a 5:1 victory on their belt, I really can't complain about my shift.

On the other hand...

"Pretty! Hey!" I roll my eyes and look over to the annoying guy from the other side of the bar.

On the other hand, at some point these tend to be the worst nights to work because the darker the night, the more men try to forget the defeat of their football team by hitting on the bargirl. And looking around, the turning point is not far away. I look at my watch. Only an hour until closing time.

"What can I do for you?" I ask with a stiff smile. He's an ultra, you can see it from a mile away. Bodybuilder - type, bald head, mean little eyes.

"Give us yer number, sweetchecks" he snarls and leans over the counter. Oh shit, here we go.

"Sorry, got a boyfriend."

"Ah, lil' challenge heh?"

"No chance, sorry." I say louder and raise my eyebrows. "You want anything?"

"A lager sweetie. And don't worry, I'll get yer number outta you." I hand the beer to him and he gives me the money, not without touching my hand far too long. 

"When the shift's over love." With a dirty smile he strolls back to his group of friends.

"Does that happen often?" I turn around and see Bonehead standing at the counter. He has his arm wrapped around the shoulder of a slender, pretty woman with wild blonde curls. She beams a happy smile at me.

"At a certain time in the night every prick seems to fall in love with the bar girl" I answer. "Nice of you to come around." Curious I look at his companion. He looks down at her with a soft smile and pulls her closer.

"Yeah, this is Kate, me girl."

"Ya must be Lizzie! It's so nice to finally meet ya!" She beams a happy smile at me and shakes my hand over the counter. "Delilah has told us so much!"

"Liz, please. And what about her? Is she here?" I look around.

"Outside for a smoke with the rest, they'll be around in a minute."

"Can I get you anything?"

"Two lagers", says Kate.

"Make it a round!" I hear the well known voice and before I can look Delilah sweeps in the pub into the midst of a group of boys like the little queen she's always been. They obviously all just have eyes for her and I sigh. A typical night for Delilah then.

"Where's Liam?" Bonehead asks.

"Outside, chattin' away with a bird."

"Pauli, could you pay for me?" Delilah asks, going through her bag. "I think I forgot my wallet."