Chapter 44

KAYLA'S POV
-
I ran the 8 blocks from the hospital to Kelly's house. I took a deep breath and knocked on the tall red door.

Mrs. Barr opened it.

"Kayla? Is that you?" She said as tears gathered in her eyes and she pulled me into a hug.

"Hi Mrs.Barr, yes it's me. Is Kelly home?" I asked.

"Yes, she's in her room, you know where it is." She said with a smile and let me in. I ran up the mahogany spiral staircase and went straight to her door. I knock on her door twice at the very bottom and three times in the middle. That was our secret knock.

"Come in." She said. I opened the door and she was getting something from her closet. She threw a brown bean bag chair to the corner, it was the chair I always sat in. "Sit." She said.

"I'm not a dog." I replied.

"Why are you even here?" She sighed.

"You caused a suicide." I dead panned.

"No, Adam's still alive." She shrugged.

"What if Riley felt so bad that he killed himself?" I got mad.

"He didn't leave a letter. Nobody knows. Maybe it had nothing to do with me." She was getting pissed too.

"If it had anything to do with Adam and what you did to him, you are the cause of Riley's suicide. Just think about it." I said and left.

"Wait!" Kelly shouted. I turned back around.

"What?" I looked at her. She was crying.

"I didn't think it would go this far. When Riley committed suicide I couldn't handle myself. I couldn't hold it together. I-" I cut her off.

"Bull. Shit." I spun back around and. walked down the stairs.
-
CARMEN'S POV
-
I was walking from school to the hospital with Emily when I saw Kayla running down the street. She made complete eye contact with Emily and sprinted to her, tackling, and knocking Emily to the ground.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" I yelled.

"GET OFF OF ME YOU PSYCHOPATH!" Emily screamed. She called Kayla a psychopath. That earned her a punch in the face.

"ITS YOUR FAULT THAT I ALMOST DIED!" Kayla screamed, she had Emily pinned to the sidewalk.

Then something went *Ding Ding*. Kayla took out her phone and quickly typed. Then my phone dinged. It was a whole story about how Emily made Kayla feel like shit and she tried to kill herself.

I immediately pushed Kayla off of Emily and grabbed Emily's arm. I picked her up and dragged her down the street and into the forest. Kayla followed.
-------

Hey guys, sorry for the short chapter but I needed a cliffhanger lol.
- AnnaWellsman