A small talk about yesterday

That specific smell of Pani Walewska perfume was a first thing I felt right after I have opened the door. A combination of dead flowers and despair of lonely old woman always makes me vomit. Beata was waiting for me already, dressed in her typical formal outfit. Even a blindman would be able to see that giant brooch on her breast. Actually, it seems incredibly hilarious in comparison to the past, when she was laughing that wearing brooches every time in public will became her character's attribute and the biggest nightmare. In the end, she got what she deserved, to be honest. 

I hope this meeting will end quick. Being around her all alone gives me uncomfortable flashbacks from the past. My heart starts to beat fast and I am having a shallow breathing. I truly believe that she will focus on work aspects only. 

- What a pleasant weather we have today. A sunny one. There is not a single cloud in the sky. It makes me think about goods times, when we didn't have to care about over twenty five million of people. Just about the most important ones... - Beata said out of the blue. 

Shit. It does not start well. I have to change the topic immediately. Otherwise, it might get extremely awkward. 

- Hello Beata. I hope you had a good morning as well. Indeed, the weather outside seems lovely. Therefore, I suggest to get down to business and finish all of formalities pretty fast so we can go and enjoy the day. - I added to highlight my unwillingness to be here today

- Oh yes... - She answered with a sightly dejected tone. - Exactly, the commonwealth needs us... Let's begin then. 

Beata opened her notebook and began to discuss details for our next public supervention. She was behaving weird and looked stressed but I did not want to ask about that. I was too afraid that she will go back to that period, that she has still remembered. 

The rest of the meeting went well and without any other uncomfortable moments. We agreed on a strategy and an eventual plan B if something would go wrong. However, in the end she added that she wants to extend our speeches to talk about more current social issues to pretend that we are up to date. 

- It is too early, Beata. - I said. 

- What? Why? I think we should give people an impression that we will implement changes right away, and therefore, that we know more what society needs in comparison to the previous government. Let them believe and keep the illusion as long as it will be possible. - She answered with a really annoyed voice. 

- Listen to me carefully. - My voice tone became harsh and aggressive. - As far as I can remember, I am the one who was chosen for being a head of this nation. This means that I know what this country needs and when should get it. Don't forget, I am the one in charge. 

- Ha ha ha ha ha! - Beata started laughing hysterically, what made me even more mad. - You will never be in charge of anything here and we both are aware of that. You can create a weak perception of powerful Andrzej but the vision will never come true. We are just players, actors and Jarosław is the director. Don't forget about that as well. 

In the end, she gave me that ironic and sinister smile. It was too much for me. Some stupid and incompetent woman has to rights to call me out like that. I grabbed all of my stuffs and stood up without saying anything. I was about to open the door when I saw Beata grabbing my hand. She immediately pushed me to the wall and put her lips really close to my left ear. 

- Oh, I almost forgot... I know you consider me as the weakest and useless in our team but it is just temporary. - She whispered gently but with a really confident tone. - Do you remember last summer? To be more specific, the third week of June? Sunday? Jarosław's birthday party? 

My faced turned white. She remembered everything and it looked like she knows even more than I was expecting. A billion thoughts appeared in my head and I felt like my whole world stared slowly to break into pieces. However, I tried to pretend like I had no clue what she was talking about. 

- Well... I... don't know what do you mean... 

- It looks like a confident and powerful head of the nation is not as strong as he seems like. What an irony...

- What do you want?! - I said with the biggest amount of animosity I was able to put in my message. 

- Look, I don't want your career to be done but... I truly recommend you to not play games with me. You underrate me and it is so risky for you. One move in the wrong direction and I will make sure that every single person on this planet will know what you have done. Every. Single. One. And your poor dream of being a superhero will be destroyed forever. Trust me. Oh yea... and enjoy the beautiful weather like you wanted. 

She unclung me and stroked my shoulder with a smile of a winner. I was too terrified to do anything. The only thing that stocked in my mind was a vision of me being exposed and loosing everything what I was hardly working for. Beata went back to the table and I used that moment to run out of the office rapidly. 

I do not remember the rest of the day. All of actions were blurry in my mind. I know that I somehow went home without even greeting with my wife or a daughter. My head was hurting really bad, I was not able to do anything so I went to bed. I had nightmares a whole night. Moreover, I woke up few times screaming with tears in my eyes. Dreams were about that unblessed Sunday a year ago. The pictures of what happened then provoked me to puke. Jarosław will not live forever and Beata is the only obstacle on my way to be in charge. She knows too much and I have to do something about that.