Chapter Eight

𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓔𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 / 8 / 𝓑𝓸𝔂𝓯𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓭

Cadence and Taz both ended up staying the night when it got too late to go home. Mikael and Pyro still shared a room, though it was massive, and so Juno and Isaac, their parents, dug out some air mattresses for Cadence and Taz. The two alphas handed Cadence and Taz some sheets and extra covers, bidding them all a goodnight. Taz missed the stink eye that Juno shot her children, but he saw the blushes that flooded the siblings' cheeks.

Mikael ended up having to help Taz with his air mattress, as Taz ended up completely tangled in the duvet cover. Taz was pouting as Cadence and Pyro laughed, Mikael worriedly doting and hovering to make sure he was alright after gently untangling Taz's wiry limbs. Taz was practically falling over on his feet as they brushed their teeth, and Cadence ended up having to help him while Pyro helped Mikael scrub the makeup off his face.

They'd also changed the bandages on Taz's ankles, cleaning and dressing the still raw scars. Taz had wanted to kick Mikael out of the bathroom as they did so, because he felt terrible when all he saw was guilt in the wolf's eyes.

It was nearly midnight when they all got settled in to sleep, and luckily, it was a teacher development day, so they wouldn't have to get up. Cadence's mattress was by the side of Pyro's bed, and Taz's mattress by Mikael's side. Cadence ended up borrowing some clothes from Mikael, and Taz borrowed a larger shirt from Pyro, much to Mikael's protests.

"If you haven't noticed," Pyro had drawled. "Taz is petite. You're broad, and I'm pretty sure your shirts would look like shoulderless shirts on Taz. Besides, he looks cute with my oversized shirts." Both Mikael and Cadence stared at her blankly.

"But..." Mikael frowned.

"I... don't know how I'm supposed to feel." Cadence scrunched up his nose and Pyro snorted, kissing Cadence on the cheek before going to turn off the lights. They all climbed into their respected mattresses, and it was silent for a few moments.

"I feel bad, that you're our guests but you're on the air mattresses." Pyro said softly, and Taz saw her shift, sitting up in the moonlight filtering through the window. The door to the room was closed, and Taz yawned, rubbing his eyes as he sat up as well.

"I'm fine," Cadence murmured, obviously tired.

"I just want to cuddle." Taz heard Mikael complain, grumbling beneath his breath. Taz felt his cheeks warm, and he shifted to roll onto his back, sticking an arm up in the air and wriggling his fingers. Mikael snorted, and Taz bit back a smile as he felt the other's large and warm hand envelop his, their fingers interlacing.

"Just do it," Taz was surprised to hear Cadence's sleepy murmur. To Taz's surprise, Pyro had already snuggled in Cadence's arms on the air mattress, and his brother had a content smile on his face. Mikael tugged at Taz's hand, golden eyes glowing hopefully. Taz caved easily, and Mikael's face lit up when Taz crawled beneath the covers with him.

They stare at each other, a little awkwardly, before Taz made the first move, snuggling into Mikael's chest. He heard the other's breath hitch, before arms wrapped around his waist. Taz lifted a hand to run his fingers through Mikael's hair, mussed up and still soft to touch. Mikael pressed a small kiss to Taz's forehead, and tucked his head into the crook of Taz's shoulder.

"Good night," Taz heard Mikael murmur, and his eyes fluttered shut, a small smile on his lips.

"Well I guess it was inevitable."

"At least they have their clothes on, Isaac."

"I know." Taz shifted when he heard voices, blinking blearily and propping himself up on his arm, feeling a pair of arms tighten around his waist. Isaac and Juno were standing in the doorframe, looking amused, and Taz blushed, pushing at Mikael's arms as he wriggled to try to get free.