Chapter Eleven

a//n: Taz's thoughts / writing is in italics and ' marks ' to make things clearer. This is the only time I am using them for Taz's "speaking", and keep in mind that he is still writing and typing. Again, a bit of a mish-mash of scenes, but well over 4,6k words

𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓔𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 / 11 / 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝔂 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓝𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽

''Why do we have to sleep next to each other so often? You said it was because of the Imprint?'

Mikael looked up from the slip of paper Taz had handed him, finding that his boyfriend had decided to climb into his closet. Taz curled up into the clothes that Mikael had haphazardly thrown into the closet, and he felt himself blush.

"Taz," Mikael called, and the selective mute poked his head out from his little nest, blinking owlishly. Mikael snorted in amusement and stood, walking over to sit down next to Taz, who tilted his head up, nuzzling beneath Mikael's chin.

"You know how the Imprint starts, right?" He felt Taz nod. "Well, since the Imprint has turned into a bond, since our feelings are reciprocated," he paused when he felt Taz kiss his jaw, lips curving up into a grin when Mikael blushed. "Physical touch is necessary for a few hours a day." Mikael finished. "It doesn't have to be a constant touch, but it's typically the best. Hence why I ask to sleep next to each other each night."

Taz pulled back, much to Mikael's disappointment and hummed softly. Mikael liked hearing Taz hum. It wasn't the same as speaking, but Taz had a quiet and rather low hum, and it was nice to listen to. Taz shifted, before he pulled out his phone, brow furrowing in concentration as he turned it on.

Mikael caught a glance of Taz's lock screen, the picture that Pyro had taken of them with Taz on his lap. Taz's lips were pressed to the crown of Mikael's head, and there was a soft smile on his face. Mikael was both elated and a little embarrassed that Taz chose that picture. He started as he realized Taz was staring at him, and his cheeks flared as he realize he got caught red-handed.

Taz grinned, tail flicking happily and he leaned forward, pecking Mikael lightly on the lips before returning his attention to his phone, typing out a response.

'So... what would happen if we didn't have the physical contact?'

"You get something that's called a craving, and you can become incredibly touch-starved." Mikael responded. "If it goes on for too long, or there isn't enough contact between the bonded pair, then there is the possibility for them to... well, go insane." Taz blinked, obviously surprised. He made a cuckoo motion at the side of his head, and Mikael snorted.

"Yeah. I'm not entirely sure how, or why it works that way... but that's what Mom and Dad have told me." Mikael had had that 'talk' several times already since he and Taz made their relationship official, and it wouldn't ever not be embarrassing. "Since I'm a wolf shifter, and destined to have a mate, it'll likely affect me more, since that's the way that my body and mind has been programmed to work."

Taz blinked, and his green eyes gave Mikael a curious once over, and the wolf shifter blushed, covering Taz's eyes as he did it again.

"Stop looking at me like that!" Mikael sputtered, and Taz pouted, flailing to shove Mikael's hands away from his face.

'But you're attractive.'

"Okay, that's really not helping." Mikael choked out, and Taz grinned, dragging Mikael halfway into the closet to cuddle. "If you want to cuddle, can we like... maybe go to my bed? The closet is digging into my spine." Taz released him, and climbed out, practically dragging Mikael over to the bed and pouncing, curling up to Mikael's chest with a happy and contented grin.