Eight

The mysterious supernatural source of unknown power that traveled through Jessica's veins was screaming at her to let them all out as she tried to wake up from her slumber state. She was able to open her eyes slowly.

The first person she saw was Caleb. She noticed that he had a worried expression on his face. Her brother Pogue and the rest of the people gathered in the small apartment were concerned as well.

"Jessica!" Caleb shouted. Jessica blinked more than twice as she heard Caleb almost screaming at her ear even though she was awake.

"I'm fine, Caleb," she stated, massaging the spot between her forehead.

Weirdly, Pogue and Caleb continued to call her name.

"Guys, I am alright," Jessica said, standing up. Once she stood up, she turned around. Her heart almost stopped as she saw Caleb and Pogue trying to wake her up. Her body was still on the floor.

Panic started to stroke her because she was confused.

"What the hell?" she questioned herself as her voice came out in a tremble.

Was she dead? She couldn't understand what was happening, but she couldn't be dead. How?

"What is wrong with her?" Pogue asked, frustrated.

"I don't know. She still has a pulse, but she's not responding," Caleb responded.

"I'm going to call 911," Kate said, walking to the kitchen. Jessica shook her head in confusion. She was still alive, but her essence was not inside her body. She never experienced something like what was going on, so she was confused and scared.

"Hey!" Jessica yelled, making sure that nobody was able to hear her. It was impossible. Nothing was working.

"Help me get her to the bed," Caleb said, carrying her in his arms. Everyone walked behind him. Jessica followed them to Pogue's room, but when she entered, the whole space became dark. The same darken that was haunting them was in front of her. It only took him two seconds to disappear.

She closed her eyes as fear consumed her. When she opened her eyes, she saw herself in front of the Putnard Barn. It was hot because her skin appeared to react towards the temperature. She walked to the entrance of the barn. She opened the door, and she saw the place burning.

Fire was everywhere. Suddenly, Jessica became nervous when she saw that someone was attacking Caleb. It was a guy she couldn't know since she was behind the figure. He was using strong powers against Caleb. They were powers of the dark, something that their ancestors deemed as prohibited.

Jessica felt the pain Caleb was receiving, but she could not do anything. She couldn't use her power to get the creepy figure away from the boy she's loved since she was a child.

"Caleb!" she shouted with a tear running down her face. When she was about to run to try and save Caleb, she was stopped by force. She noticed that nobody had a grip on her even though she felt like a couple of arms were holding her back from reaching where Caleb was.

"Caleb!" she cried as she saw when he was thrown against the hardwood that was covered in fire. Caleb couldn't hear her cries. He couldn't listen to her calling his name. She felt like she was stuck in an alternate reality. She thought about it for a second, and she felt like she was trapped inside her own vision.

How was that possible? She thought as she cried. It was more painful for her. She didn't like the power at the beginning when she found out about her family. She didn't like the fact that she sometimes knew what was about to happen. She hated that she felt it as real as she was doing it at that precise moment.

Tears kept falling down her cheeks. The man that was attacking Caleb looked like he was about to finish him. With pain in her heart, she closed her eyes.

"Caleb, I love you," she whispered to herself. When she opened her eyes, she saw that the darken was the force that was grabbing her.

Jessica became mad. She screamed her lungs out, calling Caleb's name until somehow, he was able to hear her. Jessica's eyes became black, and she used her power to throw the darken away from her. She ran towards him but was again stopped. That time she was stopped by the person who was attacking Caleb.

"Caleb!" she screamed while she noticed that she had woken up in her brother's room. She saw that her friends and the girls were looking at her bewilderedly.

"Jesse, are you alright?" Pogue asked, looking at his sister with concern in his eyes. Jessica was shaking nervously because it was such a vivid vision.

"I'm getting her a tea for the nerves. The ambulance is on her way," Kate explained before walking out of the room.

"No! I am fine. No ambulance, no hospitals, please," she pleaded.

"It's already on the way. At least they can check if everything is alright," Caleb said, convincing her.

"Girls, can you leave us for a moment?" Caleb asked Dawn and Sarah, who were concern for Jessica's state. The girls nodded their heads and left the room. Pogue closed the door behind them. It was understandable that Caleb wanted to ask Jessica what happened. They needed to speak about it, and because it was related to them being warlocks and a witch, the others couldn't be part of the conversation.

"What happened? Do you remember anything?" Caleb asked, sitting next to her. She positioned herself from the bed to maintain herself seated. Pogue, Reid, and Tyler walked closer.

She looked around and saw that all her old friends were there. She couldn't tell Caleb what she saw, but she couldn't hide it either for his sake.

"I don't know, but something bad is coming, and whatever it is, it wants you, Caleb. You are in danger," she said, leaving out the details of everything that happened moments ago. She wasn't ready to lose him. She wasn't prepared to lose anybody, but she felt as she was connected somehow. She needed to check for herself, who was the person using that kind of power.

They all needed to work together somehow, but she wanted to find out on her own who the evil was before it was too late.