Sixteen

Caleb stepped out of his car as soon as he arrived at the Putnard Barn. The place was empty and abandoned. He never understood why Chase had set a meeting in that place in the first place.

Caleb walked to the entrance of the barn. The doors weren't locked, so he slowly opened them. He peeked inside, and when he noticed that it was empty, he went in. Chase was nowhere to be found. The sound of the rain falling against the barn's ceiling made Caleb look outside a small window.

His cellphone went off. Looking at the caller ID, he answered it.

"Reid? Is he there?" Caleb asked, moving away from the window.

"We can't find her, man. She went to the bathroom and never came back. We checked, and she wasn't inside. She's not here, Caleb," Reid explained. Caleb's eyes opened widely as his whole-body tense with a mixture of fear and anger.

"What do you mean she's not there?"

"Caleb, I am sorry. We can't find her."

Caleb's anger blinded him. His eyes went dark. Soon, burned wood was flowing around the barn and crashing against the dirty walls. He was angry and had to take it on something.

"Started without me?" the voice of Chase was heard. Caleb turned around.

"Chase," Caleb whispered angrily.

"Where is she?" Caleb yelled. Chase was on the upper part of the barn. His eyes went dark, and he jumped in front of Caleb, punching and making Caleb crash against a wooden wall. Chase walked towards Caleb. Using his powers, he punched him again.

Moving his hand down and up, Chase used his powers to climb some rocks that were around the barn. Using much force, the stones were soon thrown at Caleb.

At this point, Caleb could not think straight. He was too angry to care about anything now. Caleb wasn't going to go down quickly. He knew that Chase had Jessica, and that was the last straw to make things easier for Chase. Caleb stood up. His eyes were dark. Using the same force, Caleb threw a ball of energy towards Chase. He was thrown against a pile of rotten wood.

Caleb wanted Chase to feel the same pain.

A lightning hit Caleb's body. Caleb screamed as he felt the pain of the energy he was receiving.

"Are we ascending?" Chase yelled, smirking. He stood up.

Caleb stopped screaming.

"I don't think you are cut up to have the new power you receive once you ascend. Just say the words," Chase said, walking towards Caleb.

Caleb didn't say anything.

"Say it!" Chase yelled.

Caleb's eyes went dark once again. He threw balls of energy against Chase, but this time he felt different. He felt the power of ascending. He trusted himself. Caleb didn't want to give up.

After hitting him, Caleb realized it wasn't enough. Chase was too powerful.

"Trying to impress your date, huh?" Chase said, revealing Jessica. She was blindfolded. Her hands were wrapped with a heavy chain while a pit of fire surrounded the area she was in.

Chase pointed towards Jessica's direction, and soon a small flame of fire adverted into the wood around the barn. Slowly, the barn was starting to burn.

"Say the words, Caleb."

"Screw you."

Chase became frustrated and raised the pit of fire that surrounded Jessica. Chase used his powers to create a ball of energy and threw Caleb through a window, flying him outside the barn.