Fourteen

I sighed as I closed my eyes, enjoying the feeling of his lips trailing wet opened-mouthed kisses all the way up from my navel to my sternum. My body was too sore to even arch my back after the three rounds of sex we had shared, so I just limited myself to bury my fingers in his hair. Sam's lips eventually reached my neck, and his kisses became softer, caressing my skin with his tongue tenderly. I bit my lip to prevent a moan from coming out of my throat, but it became unnecessary once pressed his own mouth against mine, capturing it in a sweet, loving kiss. I hummed in pleasure as he pulled away; I had always enjoyed these little after-sex moments.

But when I opened my eyes, it wasn't Sam who was hovering over me.

Chase smiled down at me before he rolled over to lie on his back right beside me.

-          That was amazing – he said, still panting a little bit. He extended his arm to brush some strands of hair out of my flushed face. I grabbed the sheets in an attempt to cover by bare breasts and forced a smile.

Don't get me wrong. Sex with Chase was awesome. And not even once in the almost three weeks we had been sleeping together for, he had disappointed. But every once in a while, especially in these moments, the ones in which the lust died down and "aftermath tenderness" overtook, I couldn't help but imagine he was Sam. It was with those little kisses, the soft caresses after we both hit orgasm, or the cuddling when we fell asleep that I pictured him as the long-haired boy.

Chase had obviously replied to that text I had sent him after we had first slept together, and asked if I wanted to hang out the following day. And we had sex that day. And we also did the day after that. And the following one. Calling "romantic" what we had developed on the course of those weeks wouldn't have been right; it was more of a friendship. With benefits. We would meet up, have sex, eat afterwards and chat the night away; maybe watch a movie if we felt like it. He was pretty funny and I realised that I actually enjoyed spending some time with him. And he was certainly a pretty good distraction to get Sam out of my head. Well, most of the times.

I ended up telling Sam about Chase some days after the first hook up. Sooner or later, Danny would have found out, as most of the time I spent with his friend was in their apartment. And I would rather have Sam finding out because I told him and not because someone else did. I could see a hint of hurt the day I came clear about it but he made a good job of covering it up, saying he was happy if I were. Surprisingly, our friendship blossomed from that day on, as things became more natural between us. It felt like the days before we drunkenly hooked up, when we had nothing to worry about.

But even if he kind of approved of my "friendship" with Chase, I never dared to bring the blue-eyed boy back to Sam and I's apartment when the latter was around. It felt slightly awkward whenever we talked about the issue, and I didn't want it to be even more weird if I brought the guy home in his presence. So, Chase and I spent most of our time together back at his apartment, only going back to mine whenever Sam and Danny had band practice.

Danny had been slightly hesitant about me sleeping with his roommate at the beginning, probably knowing about Sam's previous feelings, but in the end he warmed up to the idea pretty well. Surprisingly, Brooke was the total opposite. She had been super excited about Chase and I on the first couple of weeks, but it died down with the days. She still liked the guy, and got along with him perfectly. But I think she liked the idea of having to find someone for me more than me actually being with someone. If you could even say Chase and I were something.

-          It was good, indeed – I chuckled, trying to block Sam's face out of my head quickly – But now I'm starving – I finished with a pout, stretching my slightly sore body.

-          How does Chinese sound? – he asked, rolling his face so that he looked at me.

-          It sounds perfect – I grinned. He leant over to peck my lips quickly before getting up from my bed to put his clothes back on.