Chapter 1: The Beginning

Hello! Leo here! Just to clear up any possible confusion, ' ' those are thoughts, " " those are for dialogue. Thoughts will be in italics as well, although I may change that in future chapters, but if I do I'll be sure let you guys know. This chapter won't be switching from different peoples POV's, but I might do that in the future. Hope you enjoy my story!!! ~Leo~

"Do fairies really have tails? Do they even exist... Like them, this place as an eternal mystery... A never ending adventure!" -Makarov Dreyar "The Two Dragon Slayers"

"Hey Natsu, is something wrong?" The normally energized dragon slayers head popped up from in between his crossed arms, and he looked blankly at Lucy for a moment before slowly nodding his head. "Yeah Luce I'm good, just a little," he paused to yawn, "tired." Lucy regarded him for a moment before sitting down next to him at the bar. "Little seems like a bit of an under exaggeration in my opinion..." Lucy's eyes could clearly show her distress and worry for her friend. Mira walks up to the pair, while cleaning some cups. "Hey you two! Are you alright Lucy?" She asks in her normal chipper tone. "I'm just a little worried about Natsu, he's acting strangely. He hasn't started any fights today, and he's sleeping at one o'clock in the afternoon!" 'Poor Lucy, she loves him so much. UGH they're adorable.' Mira gave her an understanding look. "I get what you're saying Lucy, but he's probably fine, it's Natsu!" Lucy sighed in relief. "Yeah, you're right. Thanks Mira!"

"So, what can I get you today?" Lucy pondered this for a moment. "Hmmmm... I think I'll have some strawberry yogurt today!" (AN- I found out that's her favorite food) Mira nodded, "Natsu? Do you want something?" Lucy looked over and was shocked to see that he had gone back to sleep, "I guess he's good then." Mira nodded and walked off to get the yogurt.

Lucy was atill worried about Natsu despite Miras assurances. It wasn't like him to be so tired like this, he was usually rowdy and full of endless supplies of energy. 'You're probably just being silly. He most likely just didn't get a good nights sleep' she thought. 'Yeah. That's probably it' she looked at him and smiled. Soon, Mira came back with delicious looking strawberry yogurt parfait and a smile. "Here you go Lucy." Lucy looked down at her yogurt and ate a bite "Mmmn, Mira this is really good!" Lucy's eyes shone as she continued to eat her delicious strawberry yogurt. Mira smiled widely, "I'm glad you enjoy it Lucy! It's a new brand we just got today, I'll be sure to keep stocking this kind!" She made a mental note and then went back to cleaning dishes. She eyes drifted over to Natsu's spiky pink hair, and then looked over at Lucy. When it finally hit her she almost dropped her glass, but managed to catch it before it hit the ground.

"Hey Lucy," Mira started, trying to keep her voice level. "Uhm, just out of curiosity, how long has he been acting strange?" Lucy pondered this for a moment. 'Well he was a little weird yesterday, but the sleeping thing started today so..' "About two days" she stated finally. Mira mentally sighed in relief. 'Good', she thought, 'It won't start for a while'. "So when are you guys getting together?" Mira wiggled her eyebrows, causing Lucy to blush and make flustered noises. "MIRA!" Lucy whisper-yelled at the bartender. 'Now I understand the real reason she's called the She-Devil..." Lucy deadpanned. Mira giggled at Lucy and walked away to finish up some chores and do some research.

Lucy saw another white head of hair sit down next to Natsu and looked up from her parfait. "Oh hi Lisanna!" Lucy smiled at the girl. Lucy doesn't like Lisanna very much, but she figures it's because they aren't that close. Lisanna looks at Natsu for a moment, then up at Lucy. "Hello," she paused for a moment to ask her sister for some water and toast, "Is Natsu okay?" The girl looked worried. Lucy waited to answer as Mira set down a glass and a slice of toast with jelly. Lucy smiled kindly at her as she bit into her toast, "Yeah I think he's just a little tired is all. He probably just didn't have a good nights sleep last night." Lisanna nodded and went back to eating. Lucy decided to do the same.