They're coming

Hiccup's POV

The great hall is packed with everyone, and full of murmurs and whispering. But, you see, the thing about Berkians is that we're not very quiet, so every whisper feels more like talking. Which, in turn, makes it feel like an echoey room full of shouting people. Fun.

"E-Everyone." I stutter with my hands help up, standing at the Chief's table. Unfortunately, they don't stop talking. I roll my eyes.
"LISTEN UP!" I shout loudly, and the room almost immediately falls silent.
Thank you, dad, for the inherited shouty voice.

"Look, some of you may have noticed the ships heading towards us on the horizon, some of you may not have." I begin once I see that I have everyone's attention. Murmurs ring out. I lean forward on the table and tap the map we've stuck to it. "Look, I get it, no one should know we're here! And they're heading right towards us. An armada." alarmed voices ring out.

"We're unprepared!" One voice shouts. I shake my head.
"Like Helheim we are!" Gobber shouts with attitude. "We've be'n preparin' fa somethin' like this ever since ta dragons left!" he waves his hook around.
"It's true, " I nod. "He's been making weapons for the hell of it. We can do this, but only if we band together."

"Aye, he's right."

"We've fought worse."

"How long till they get here?" Fishlegs asks.

"By how far out they are, I'd say we only have a few hours. Four, tops. So we have to get to work." I reply sternly.

"But, before that, we have another problem..." I add, taking a nervous breath in. "It's probably nothing, but Zephyr and the other kids her age have gone missing, they haven't been seen for a few hours. So if anyone see's them, send them here, because this is where the rest of the kids will be, along with anyone else not fighting." I admit. "We'll get a search party out to look for them, okay?" Murmuring rings out, and I move on.

"Gobber, get started on as many weapons as you can carry," I tell him, and he nods, already heading for the door.

"Everyone who will not be fighting needs to stay here. As soon as you hear the horn blow, barricade the door. I want some scouts down to the cliffs to try and get an insight on the armada, take some catapults to get early shots in." Five people nod and leave.

Astrid walks up to my side and squeezes my hand. I squeeze back, glad she's here. "I want guards stationed at the docks, inside and outside here, the training grounds and the beaches. I don't want anyone sneaking on. And I also want Snotlout and Fishlegs to lead the search party for the kids, but don't push your time spent away, because we need you here to fight and protect the kids." I tell them. They nod, ushering about fifteen Vikings out of the hall with them.

"Meanwhile, those of you who are capable? Be ready to fight. Everyone get started on gathering your weapons, and any armour you might want." I'm about to end the meeting when Astrid tugs at my hand.

"What are you going to do? I'll help get everyone inside."

I look over at Tuffnut, who was too busy stroking his fake beard to notice. "Remember the days of the Edge? That one time when you and Tuff defended it by yourselves?"

She nods. "Yeah, I'm still surprised his crazy ideas worked. But what about it?"

"Well, let's just say it's about to come in handy..."

Hey everyone! Or no one 😂

Sorry, it's a bit boring...

Hope you're staying safe!

See ya next update👌✌️