I'm so sorry

Alexis Summer stood in Adam Banks hospital room, grinning slightly as she noticed he hadn't seen her. She let out a small cough as the boy turned his attention to the door in confusion before breaking out into a big smile

"I'm so glad you're okay Ad". Lexi said softy as she slowly made her way to the beautiful blue-eyed boy that she had spent all of her childhood loving and embraced him in a tight hug as he squeezed her tightly back.

"We won" she whispered to him in the hug, he pulled away shocked and smiled a smile that lit up the room like a light bulb.

"No way!" Adam laughed in disbelief.

She frowned as the realisation hit her "Ellie got hurt though, it was really bad, she's here as well, I'm going to go see her and then I'll be right back okay?".

Adam nodded reassuringly "give her my best, I'll come up soon I just have to wait for the test results".

The girl smiled and headed towards the room she knew her old best friend was in, she felt regret when she thought about how they drifted apart and weren't as close anymore due to the switch of teams, the three of them used to be the three amigos and it was almost like her and Adam just forgot about her.

Lexi whilst walking through the halls vowed to herself to get her best friend back and have the friendship she dearly missed.

As she looked through the doors she saw Elliot's parents sitting with their daughter, as she looked in Elliot's mother, Susan turned to look at the window and saw Lexi standing there, she shot her a smile and hopped up walking out the door and coming to face the girl.

"I'm so glad you are here Lexi, she's missed you loads, ever since you and Adam left the hawks she's turned into a shell version of herself, I think she just feels alone, it will be nice for her to know you still care" Susan smiled

Lexi just looked down at her feet, realising how much pain she had caused the girl.

"I'll let you go in and see her, myself and Paul will head out, just know she's very out of it, doctors say she has a pretty bad concussion" Susan assured the girl patting her on the back before heading inside to get her husband who sent Lexi a small smile.

Lexi slowly dragged her feet towards the door, worried about how her old friend would react to seeing her, pretty quickly her fears were abolished as Ellie let out a big grin and a squeal.

"Lexi, I'm so glad you're here" she slurred.

Lexi thought it was weird she was slurring so badly but let it go as she moved into the chair beside her bed taking her hand.

"Ellie, I'm so sorry for these past few months, I treated you like trash, you've been my friend for so long and I just threw it back in your face" Lexi sobbed

"It's okay" the girl responded extremely slowly her speech still slurred.

"I love you so much Ellie, I hope you know that" Lexi said embracing the girl quickly before releasing.

Ellies face suddenly turned pale, worrying the hell out of Alexis, she managed to mutter out a single sentence "I love you too, Lex".

Lexi smiled back; the smile quickly dropped as she saw the girl's eyes roll to the back of head.

The machine hooked up to Ellie flatlined and Lexi jumped up in shock, sprinting out to the hallway

"Help! Someone" she screamed out begging for someone to save her friend.

The doctors ran from everywhere into the room followed by Ellie's parents who were returning with coffee.

Alexis was shoved out of the room. In a blind rage of panic and anger she found herself punching a nearby vending machine causing her hand to bleed extremely badly but she didn't care, she needed to see her friend.

Lexi began shoving some chairs over as nurses tried to calm her.

Adam banks heard the voice of his best friend from a few rooms down screaming for help, his face dropped, and he hopped out of bed, the task of waiting for his test results completely forgotten.

He ran down the hall and made contact with the girl, she was throwing chairs, letting out heart wrenching sobs as she tried to fight off nurses and make her way into a room, he could only assume it was Ellie's

He ran and grabbed her, she started pushing screaming at him telling him to get off

He held her tighter "It's me, Lex, it's me" he yelled reassuringly

She turned and saw him and melted into him as he sank down to the floor taking her with him. She was inconsolable and he had no idea why.

Suddenly Adam heard the door open and he turned to see the doctor walking away with a heartbreaking look on his face.

Susan and Paul walked outside, their eyes brimming with tears as they held on to each other and looked at the two children on the floor.

"She's gone guys, she just passed away" she sobbed out. She zoned out as Ellies mum spoke about the internal bleeding Ellie suffered on her brain

Lexi was once again overwhelmed with emotions as she pushed away from Adam running into Ellie's room before anyone could stop her.

"Please Ellie" she screamed through tears pounding on the girl's chest "It's not funny! Stop pretending".

Adam ran in after her "Lex" he whispered tears of his own brimming "Lexi" he said louder as the girl didn't respond she just held onto her best friend tightly

"Lexi! She's gone" Adam yelled getting her attention.

"No" Lexi whispered shaking her head frantically "she can't be gone, I never got to properly apologise"

She looked down at the girl as realisation hit her "Oh my god" she yelled covering her mouth struggling to breathe through her tears.

"I can't, I can't leave her" she choked out.

'Lexi, we got to leave her" Adam whispered trying to keep himself together for the girl

"NO! I promised her, I promised her I would always be there for her" she gasped out.

Adam walked over to the girl and pulled her off Elliot's body and into his arms, he wrapped his arms around her waist and picked her up trying to pull her out of the hospital room as. The girl frantically kicked; she knew she wouldn't win but she had to try.

Adam pulled her out of the hospital room as the girl continued to sob "I'M SORRY ELLIE, I LOVE YOU IM SO SORRY".

But her words were not heard, as Elliot cruise was dead.