I'd like that a lot

It had been a few weeks since the funeral of Elliot cruise. Bombay had gone for a trial in the minors leaving the team for the summer break.

Adam and Lexi remained as each others lifeline but they both knew their feelings were changing into something more than friendship. Which is why lexi was not surprised to open her door one Saturday morning to see Adam Banks standing there once again holding a kit Kat.

She looked into his eyes and once again felt a wave of emotions, she knew as long as she had Adam Banks she would never feel alone, she knew he felt the same way.

"Alexis Summer, would you like to go on a date with me, Adam Banks" he mumbled nervously

She grinned at him "Adam banks I would love to".

The boy sighed in relief and grabbed her hand pulling her close as they walked into the warm Edina weather.

The two headed to the diner ordering some food.

"You know" Adam stated nervously getting Alexis' attention

"I never thought you'd agree to this, I didn't think someone like you could ever like someone like me"

Lexi laughed "I never thought someone like you could like me"

Adam grinned "aren't we a pair"

Lexi just smiled at him "whenever you're broken I promise I will be there to fix you".

The boy was touched, they looked into each others eyes and slowly began leaning in.

Their lips connected and both of them felt the sparks that flew.

"I know its real soon but do you maybe want to be my girlfriend"

Alexis grinned eagerly nodding so fast Adam thought she might get whiplash.

Alexis went home that night with a smile that was unable to be wiped off of her face.

For the first time in her life her fear of being unloved was just a thing of the past, the girl was overwhelmed that someone could love her despite her flaws.

Little did she know Adam Banks was doing the same thing.

For the first time in his life he didn't feel pressure to be perfect, he didn't feel like he had to conform to society to fit in, he just felt content. The girl he had spent 10 years loving was finally able be called his.

a.n. just a short. chapter to set up them dating for book two haha