I'll never forget about you

Alexis Summer stood at the funeral of Elliot Cruise, the girl who was stolen from this earth well before it was her time, the girl who had so much potential to succeed in life was only just a memory.

The girl had been asked by Elliot's parents to speak at the funeral and for days the girl was in her room trying to find the right words, but how do you find the right words when you yourself are numb. How do you find the words to describe someone who had such an impact in your life? How do you honour the girl who deserved so much more than what she got?

The girl had hardly spoken to anyone, not even coming out of room except for the funeral, her movements were robotic as she headed up to the podium to speak. Her eyes drifted to the coffin to the side of her and all of a sudden it became all too real.

Her hands began shaking as she slowly unfolded her paper, she made eye contact with Adam Banks as he sent her a tearful but reassuring smile.

Her eyes drifted to Elliot's parents who were clinging to each other with vacant expressions in their eyes, they were damaged, they had lost their own child and they didn't know how they would get through it, Lexi's heart ached for them.

She took a breath and began "If you asked me to come up with on word to describe Elliot, lots of words come to my head, but one that sticks out the most is a fighter, Ellie was the only person I knew who took on every day with a smile on her face despite the pain she was feeling inside, she was the only person I knew who could light up the room with a single smile, she was and will forever be my best friend. Ellie had so much more to give to the world and the thought of never seeing her again tears me apart, it tears me apart so badly that I can't even breathe"

Alexis began panicking as the severity of the situation fully started to hit, she would never see her friend again, the girl looked down again attempting to continue to read but the tears clouding her eyes only made it harder for her to see. The girl was heavy breathing, and no one knew how to react, except for her forever support system Adam banks.

The boy sprung up from his chair getting the attention of others before walking over to the girl and holding her hands, she looked at him with pleading eyes, the speech had to be finished, Adam knew what he had to do.

He took the paper from Lexi's hand and stepped up to the microphone making sure he was still holding on to the shaking girl as he gave her a reassuring look "I got you" he smiled sadly before continuing Lexi's speech for her.

"Ellie I just want to say I'm sorry, you needed me and I wasn't there but I promise I will spend the rest of my life thinking of you, every step I take I hope you're with me, I know you will be though, because the ones who love us don't go away ,they walk beside us everyday" he finished with tears in his eyes.

The girl turned to him embracing him in hug as they headed down the stairs, the two. Walked to the back of the funeral, not once letting go of each other as they sat down and mourned the loss of their friend.