Chapter 6

It was late at night and the group was following Scooby who was sniffing out a trail to track down where the ghosts came from. Fred, Velma, Daphne, Shaggy, and Ruby had flashlights in their hands.

"I can't believe this. Following a dog to find a ghost?" Daphne asked

"I can't believe we're trying to find a ghost at all. I mean, I don't really think I believe in ghosts." Fred replied

"While I too am skeptical, there is volumes of evidence supporting the existence of the supernatural." Velma added.  "And historically, canines have been proven to be highly sensitive to paranormal activity."

While following a scent, Scooby got a couple of mushrooms stuck in his nose, he shook his head and sneezed hard and got the mushrooms out, then shook his head again. Fred, Ruby, and Shaggy laugh at seeing that.

"Well, we have to try something if we want to clear our names." Ruby said

Scooby came to a stop, and so did everyone else. Scooby looked up and started barking. They all point their flashlights at where Scooby was barking and it was the cemetery where Scooby first saw the ghosts of Prudence Prufrock and  Ezekial Gallows.

"C-Ce-Cem-Cemetery??" Shaggy stuttered, clearly not wanting to go into the cemetery. "Okay, so now that we know where the ghosts came from,  we can just go home and alert the authorities and leave." he added as he tried to walk off until Fred and Ruby stopped him and brought him along anyways. "Oh, guys, you can't be serious about this. We're not actually going to a cemetery, are we?

While walking around the cemetery,  Scooby went to pick up another scent.

"You sure this is where you saw those ghosts, Scoob?" Shaggy asked

"Reah." Scooby answered. "RSorry."

Daphne crept up behind Fred slowly.

"Boo." Daphne said

Fred jumped and Daphne said, "You're not scared, are you?"

"What? No. No. I'm a football player. We have no fear."  Fred replied. "It's just...no"

Fred and Daphne walked up to Ruby, Shaggy, and Velma.

"Some of these graves are over a hundred years old." Velma said as she looks at one specific grave. "That one dates all the way back to the great Coolsville flood."

"Coolsville flood?" Shaggy and Ruby said, curiously

"Right before the turn of the century, the Eerie Dam burst and all of Coolsville was washed away. A whole new town was built right on top of the old one." Velma explained. "Looks like a lot of these people lost their lives on that fateful day."

"Zoinks. Like, we're not expecting rain, are we?" Shaggy said, looking up and Fred smacking his chest a little. "Ow."

Scooby is then heard whistling and they looked over as he seemed to be pointing at something. 

"Hey, I think your dog found something." Daphne said, walking over to see what was Scooby was pointing at and everyone followed her

"ROver here!" Scooby said as he pointed at two specific graves.  The graves of Prudence Prufrock and Ezekial Gallows

"Prudence Prufrock?" Daphne said confused

"Ezekial Gallows??" Ruby added, even more confused

"Who are they? And why are they buried together?" Fred asked. "I mean, they don't seem to be related."

"I don't know, but something about these names seems familiar." Velma said as she keeled down and started scribbling on some paper placed over the indents of the names getting sketches of sorts of the names. "I just know i've seen them someplace before."

"Looks like following you wasn't a bad idea after all, was it, boy?" Daphne said, gently petting Scooby's head

"Reah." Scooby said, chuckling a little

"So-So if Scooby saw those ghosts come out of these graves, then that means they must be real." Shaggy said. "Fake ghosts don't come out of real graves, do they?"

"I guess not." Fred said, stepping towards the graves before turning around. "But hold on. There were three ghosts at the pep rally, right?  Then why are there only two graves?"

"I don't know." Ruby says, seeming very suspicious about the third ghost all of a sudden

"Well, looks like we officially have a mystery on our hands." Velma said

Now, they were leaving the cemetery. 

"Let's meet up tomorrow at-" Velma started before realizing they're not allowed back at school. "Wait, where can we meet? We're not allowed back at school."

"We can't go to my house. The staff would just love to rat me out." Daphne said

"Staff?" Fred said, obviously confused

"Oh, no, no, no. It's not a staff.  It's just two maids, a butler, a groundskeeper, and my dad's valet." Daphne explained

"You could come to my place if you want." Shaggy said. "My parents both work, and I have the whole basement to myself whenever Scoob and Ruby aren't around."

"Alright, meet up at Shaggy's place?"  Fred asked

"Agreed." Velma and Daphne said in unison

"See you tomorrow." Fred said as him, Velma, and Daphne walked off

Shaggy then turned to Scooby and  Ruby.

"How about that, you two? We're having company." Shaggy said

"Roh boy." Scooby said in response as the three walked off