Chapter 2 - Oohs and aahs

It was time. The doors of liberty were opened and Harry was able to walk among his friends again. He was released from the hospital wing and allowed to attend his classes - except for quidditch. He needed to regain strength. Another accident and it could be fatal. Hermione and Ronald were there to walk him through the doors to show him they were there for him. Always. Harry laughed at their approach, holding both of his arms as if he was one of the elderly, yet appreciated the company for now. He wasn't sure whether he would manage to stand up right if he would see the blonde again. Being alone wasn't the best situation to be in right now. Harry's heartbeat rose whenever they reached a corner or entered a room. Even when they walked through the portrait of the fat lady his heart skipped a beat - though it was very unlikely to meet Malfoy in the Gryffindor common room. Harry was welcomed back greatly. Presents were given, and Seamus gave a stock of all the seekers weekly Harry had missed. Harry thanked him gratefully - even though he'd read them already at the hospital wing once he woke up from his slumber. All of them laughed and chattered as they waited for lunch to be served at the great hall. Though lunch was about to be served in just an hour, it seemed like an eternity to Harry. He wanted to see the blonde. He wanted to see him, alive and well. He wanted to kiss him.

Once the time was right Harry and his club of friends gathered together to walk towards the great hall. Seamus and Ronald were joking about holding Harry on a leash so he wouldn't fall a second time whilst Hermione and Neville walked closely together - both having a concerned look on their faces. Once arriving at the massive door, Harry felt like he was about to faint - seeing many people being already seated at the tables. He extended his neck a little, trying to peek between the crowd of people walking in before him, yet didn't manage to find the person he was looking for. It was at that precise moment someone attacked him from behind, pulling him into a close hug.

"Harry!"

Harry choked at the touch and got twirled around - his glasses crushing against the bridge of his nose once a pair of lips smacked onto his. His eyes widened and he froze in the middle of the great hall entrance. It was Ginny, clutching her arms around his neck as she kissed him - causing many ooh's and aah's. Ronald nearly choked on his own tongue and got slapped on the back by Hermione who shouted slightly irritated. "Grow up," she gritted between her teeth right before she looked at Ginny with a great smile. She loved the sight of the two of them, and for a long time she'd been aware of Ginny's affection towards Harry. Harry, on the other hand, remained motionless even after Ginny stepped back with her cheeks all fluttered. She quickly bowed her head, allowing her red locks to cover most of her face.

"It's good to have you back," she smiled softly as she rubbed her arms. Harry gulped and quickly looked back over his shoulder, nodding absently.

"Same," he muttered without sharing another look. He seemed far to occupied looking for something else.

"Let's get seated?" Hermione proposed, forcing a smile on her face after she cleared her throat. Ginny didn't seem as aware of Harry's absence, and quickly followed her friends into the great hall as she waved them goodbye. She was planning on sitting close to Harry, but not too close.

Once the little group sat down at the Gryffindor table, Hermione raised her brows at Harry - who still tried to break his neck to get a glimpse of the blonde haired Slytherin student.

"Harry," Hermione asked a little worried. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah," Harry replied a little too quickly, forcing his shoulders into rest. "A little tense though."

"I see," she replied, watching Ronald trying to stick the end of a spoon in his nose. "Are you afraid of Draco?"

Harry flinched so much his knees kicked the table, nearly causing his goblet to topple over. "Hmm?" He raised his eyebrows, pretending to be surprised, and pursed his lips together. "Why?"

"Well," Hermione paused and took the spoon out of Ron's hand with a nasty face, placing it down on the table a little further. "He's been nasty towards you. He is a bully. I'd expect you not to be in a mood for such childish behavior."

"Oh I'm in the mood," Harry mumbled as he reached out his head once more, peaking over the heads of a couple of first-years. Hermione raised her brows without Harry's realizing and shook her questions off, ready to dive into lunch as soon as Dumbledore clapped his hands to make the delicious food appear out of thin air.

The group quickly began to eat once the food coloured the tables and great chatter started to vanish once the students filled their mouths with scrambled eggs and sausages. Harry, on the contrary, brushed his mushed potatoes across his plate without even looking, gritting his teeth as he continually mouthed 'come on'.

"I knew it!"

A snappy voice came from behind the Gryffindor's back.

Harry flinched once more and turned his head so quickly it made his head spin. His goblet spilled all his orange juice and his cutlery clattered onto his plate. The snappy voice caused his lungs to shut while thousands of bugs made his stomach turn. He sat eye to eye with the one person he'd been so eager to meet again. Draco Malfoy.

"Goyle and Crabbe swore that you'd end up with Granger. I knew it had to be a Weasley." Draco grinned from ear to ear while having his arms crossed in front of his chest. "Planning a honeymoon at the Shrieking Shack? I doubt it. It must be more than the two of you could afford."

"Good one, Draco!" called Pansy Parkinson - the buffed faced girl with the evil face. Draco scoffed, highly enjoyed, and lifted his chin as other praises followed coming from the Slytherin's table.

Harry couldn't reply. He simply stared at the blonde, his eyes twinkling by admonishment.

A whole speech came from the blonde's mouth. Insulting, derogatory, disgraceful. He moved his hands, emphasizing his words, and gained pride from his fellow students agreeing. Harry, however, didn't listen to a single word and simply smiled at him, watching the blonde burning him down at the stake. All he could see was his beautiful features; his eyes, his face, his salmon pink lips inviting him to snuggle with his. He could swear a beam of light shined so bright behind the blonde's head it nearly blinded him - until someone grabbed his hand and pulled him back to reality.

"Cat's got your tongue? Wipe that smug smile off your face, Potter!"

"Fuck off you knob-headed twat!" Ron rose from his seat and flexed his shoulders. "Or I'll grab a spoon and stick it where the sun don't shine."

"Harry, for goodness sake,"Hermione hissed as she squeezed his hand. "Why are you allowing this?"

Suddenly professor Snape approached the group, grabbing Draco by his shoulder.

"That's enough." His voice was sharp and his pronouncing annoyingly slow.

"Yeah!"Ronald barked, giving Draco the 'what are you going to do now' gesture.

"Silence, Weasley. Continue your disgusting way of consuming."

Ronald's cheeks fluttered red and he quickly sat down, staring down at his over-filled plate - which was his second one already.

"Good to see you back at your table, Potter,' Snape spoke with a forced little smile. Everyone knew he didn't mean that. "Should've known you'd be in trouble the moment you'd get released from the hospital."

Harry couldn't sit still and bit the inside of his lip, trying to hide his excitement. "Thank you, professor." He quickly looked up to meet Snape's eye and tried to hide a smile. "I'll try to behave, professor."

Snape cocked his head, disgusted by the boy's smugness, yet walked away to meet Draco sitting back at his table already. In the meantime Harry tried to keep his breathing steady. He felt like he was close to getting a heart attack yet he couldn't stop smiling.