Chapter 21

Jaden August

Its been 4 months since I lost my baby... I'm playing club basketball right now; it helps for a distraction. All I could think about is how she would have looked. Her skin complexion or how little she would have been and how I would see her slowly start to grow. Little things like that. I'm doing online school for the rest of the year.  I haven't seen Jalen in about 2 months. We broke up because everything was just hard for us. Every time we looked at each other we would try to be there for each other, but it just hurt too much. I know he blames me, and I cant do nothing about it. I miss him so much. But I think we're better off alone. He seems like he's doing the same thing as me, keeping himself occupied by playing basketball. Yeah, I still watch his highlights but shh lets not tell him.

I finally got my licenses and my car. I've always had my permit but Eric or Jalen would always drive me places so there wasn't a point. My mom on the other hand, she wasn't having it.

At the moment I'm getting ready for one of my games. Today we play 3 games, I'm not ready for them because I know ima be tired. But its better than sitting here and thinking about everything.

"Mama, ima leave. You're gonna come right?" I asked my mom as I grabbed a water

"Yes baby, ima try to make the first one but ima be there for the second and third one" she said kissing me on my cheek

"Okay, bye ma love you" I said

"Bye baby, good luck, I love you" she said

I got in my car and I plugged my phone in. Bout play some bangers, and no one can tell me to change it. You wanna know why? Because its MY car.

I pulled up to the sport complex gym thingy. Its one of those gyms that has like 6 courts and there's games playing at one time. I got out and I made my way inside to find my team.

Yall I made a friend and she's actually pretty cool.

Wow I literally sound like a loner saying that. But her name is Camryn, she's real cool.

"Bitch you didn't get my text" Camryn said coming up to me

I checked my phone

"Girl I don't text, and drive leave me alone" I said hugging her

"You ready?" she asked me

"I have those little butterflies, but they leave right when the game starts" I said putting my shoes on

"Ladies 5 minutes we're gonna go shoot around. Halftime" my coach said

"Don't you hate that he has a wife?" Cam whispered 

"I hate you, stop." I said laughing

"I'm just saying, he can come rock my boat anytime" she said looking at him

"Stop looking at him like that" I said hitting her while laughing

"You about to start your period huh" she said laughing

"Bitch if you just jinxed my period and I start bleeding during this game, ima beat your ass" I said

"Yeah whatever, at least you know you ain't pregnant" she said giving me a high five

I gave her an awkward high five. She doesn't know. I never told her. I barely met her like 2 months ago. I cant tell her yet, but I will.

"Ladies go shoot" the coach said