Chapter one

This book is dedicated to WinnieBibi3

Important note:

DO NOT PLAGERIZE ANY CONTENT WITHIN THIS BOOK. IT IS ILLEGAL!

This is the very first book I've written on wattpad, so, if at all you come across some spelling errors, please bare with me as I continue with the editing process.
Also, this is a MAFIA BOOK, and the mafia don is called so for a reason. Therefore, do not expect him to be all lovey-dovey.
Constructive criticism will ALWAYS be welcomed, but please, if you know that your comment will be destructive and not, in any way, helpful, kindly, just read in humble silence. I am very much human, and some comments could really ruin a whole day.
With that being said, happy reading and stay safe... ❤️❤️

**************

I am sat in the Lime Light Cafe, awaiting my sister's presence, so that I can give her a piece of my mind, for the shitty mistake she had made. As I remain seated, my mind wanders back to one month back; to the beginning of my possible end. On that fateful morning, I arrived at one of the city's hospitals. To be precise, the hospital in which my damn ass of a sister works.

I recall matching up to the receptionist, explaining that I had an appointment with doctor Sarah Vega, and she, in turn, explained that Sarah was still handling a patient, and that I had to wait for another five minutes. So, I took a seat as told, and sent my boyfriend Simon, a quick text. Seconds fleeted into ten solid minutes of waiting, and eventually, my sister was done with her patient. I slid into her office, after us having exchanged our hellos and a brief hug.

Something was off with her though. Staring keenly at her facial features, I noticed the terrible eye bags, and her rather pale skin. Had she been crying?
"Eva, go lie down over there," she begun, pointing towards the hospital bed.
It was the same hospital bed I'd been so accustomed to, since I came by the hospital every Tuesday and Thursday, due to the toxic shock syndrome I had contracted a while back.

"Sarah, are you okay? You look like you've been crying a lot, and you don't seem like you've had much sleep. Everything good?" I tried to inquire.
She only gave me a reassuring smile, but I wasn't buying that shit. I knew, and still know my sister better than anyone else. Something was bothering her, and what bothered her, bothered me as well.
"Was it Josh again?"

Josh was my sister's boyfriend. He was really sweet and shit, up until he suddenly just switched to volatile, and started heavily drinking. Over the past few months, he adopted this unjustified and uncalled for behavior, of constantly yelling at my sister, throwing temper tantrums over pathetic issues, and tossing objects whenever they'd argue; her words, not mine.

Taking in one deep breathe, I decided to dissolve all plunging thoughts of the disgusting pig, drawing back to reality, and looking over at Sarah. She just stood there staring at me, her brows knitting, and her glare venomous. I had struck a nerve, no doubt about it.
"It's nothing Eva. Now, lie down and stop with the questions!"

"Oh, so it was that son of a bitch then, wasn't it? How are you still in a relationship with...are those...are those handprints on your neck, Sarah? That fucker had the nerve to....oh, so help me heavens I'll fucking kill him!"
She took notice that her hair, which had previously been over her left shoulder, was now down her back. Leaping off the bed, I padded over to her, so as to get a better view of the markings.

"What happened, and don't you dare say nothing!"
She just stood there, staring at the tiled floor as if it was some object of such great fascination, then cleared her throat to speak. She was clearly trying her best not to break down.

"It's...it was uh, Josh. He...uh...well, he strangled me during an argument. You see, I was driven home by one of my colleagues, since my car had broken down, so Josh got all jealous, and started yelling at me, before he sorta snapped, and begun with the strangulation.

I...I swear I could have died last night, were it not for Ali calling the police, and them arriving on time," she explained, allowing the tears that she had been trying so hard to hold back, fall freely down her pale cheeks.
I embraced her, trying my best, to offer some emotional support. That imbecile of a man touched my sister. My sis-ter!

"I will kill him, I swear."
"Don't worry. He was arrested for assault and attempted murder. I will be going to court to testify," she clarified, her voice breaking.
Taking in a sharp breathe, I proceeded to lie down over the bed, as per her instructions.

I knew damn well, my sister was still in love with the bastard, and was willing to tolerate his bull crap, and that is exactly what irritated me the most! However, I wasn't going to let the plunging thoughts of that fucker, ruin my day.

He was already going to face charges, and hopefully, for a period exceeding fifteen years. Little did l know, however, that that little injection I'd be receiving from my nervous wreck of a sister, would ruin just more than my day.

Please don't forget to comment and click the little star at the bottom ❤️❤️