Chapter two

The pic above is of Eva...

"Are you sure you can do this, Sarah? I mean, we could just get another gyne to assist, if you are not feeling okay," I tried to reason, taking notice of her trembling palms.
I knew that she was slightly drunk. I mean, her breathe was all toothpaste and tequila.
"I can do it Eva, don't worry yourself. Are you ready?"
"Yeah. If you're sure, then do your thing."

The injection was never a comfortable one, but I had to do what I had to do. As soon as she was done, I pulled up my pair of ripped jeans, and buckled my belt, grabbing hold of my sling back, and swinging it over my shoulder.

"Okay, I'm heading home now. I have to finish up some work. There is this drawing of a particular seven star hotel to be constructed in a few weeks time, and I have to present it tommorow, lest the boss be pissed as fuck. Bye girl," I voiced, engulfing her in a brief hug.

"Okay then. See you soon."
Sarah and I, didn't, and still don't live together. She lives with Josh, while I, live alone, in my own apartment. I'm the solo type, and I've always appreciated it that way, ever since our mum passed.

From my sister's office, I headed back home, finished up with my drawing, had a quick shower, ate my dinner, and was off to bed. And that right there, was my simple ol' life...

****
One month later( present day)

I wake up feeling nauseous as fuck, my head practically spinning. I didn't drink last night. Hell! I don't drink at all! The dizzy spells have been troubling me throughout this past week, each waking morning worse than the last. What is seriously wrong with me!

I rush to the bathroom, and empty all contents of my stomach, then rinse my mouth and brush my teeth, before heading back to my bedroom and lying down for a while.

After a few silent minutes of me just laying there, rubbing my temples and forehead, I finally get off up, tread back to the medicine cabinet, and grab a tablet. I hate medicine, hospitals and their pale hued walls, as well as the smell of surgical spirit, but I need to down this shit.

It's the beginning of the the weekend, so I don't have much to do. And my heavens, where the hell are these dizzy spells coming from now!

I am pretty certain it's nothing I ate,  neither do I have any others symptoms of malaria, anaemia, diabetes or typhoid, so what could be the issue? I draw the curtains, slide the windows open, then inhale and exhale deeply and repetitively, trying to calm myself.

Then, a thought strikes me. Could I be pregnant? Pregnant? I haven't lost my v-card yet. Hell, the only very intimate thing I do with Simon, is make out with him, and that's because I am not at all comfortable with the thought of indulging in sex. But I'm late this time round and I'm a regular. So could it be?

Bitch, shut the fuck up!

Nah, that's a very stupid thing to think, Eva. It doesn't make any fucking sense! Females don't just become pregnant miraculously! That's some damn shit right there.

But what's the harm in confirming anyways? I mean, it's ridiculous, but there is nothing to lose, so why not try? And if the test miraculously comes out positive, which I'm almost certain it will fucking not, I'll most definitely phone Sarah, since she's my gynecologist. I get dressed, tie my hair in a bun and grab my car keys. Soon, I'm out of my apartment and into my car, driving to a pharmacy some few blocks away.

I quickly purchase that which I need, the embarrassment practically gnawing on my insides, and I'm on my way back home. So funny thing is, I'm actually nervous. Like, what if the results do come out positive? What then?

How will I explain the unexplainable to both Simon and Sarah? How do I even start carrying a child who's father I have no clue of?
No, calm down girl. You are not pregnant, Eva. That's absurd. Fucking ridiculous! Deep breathes.

I unlock the doors to my apartment, shutting them briefly, and walk straight to the bathroom. I take in one large gulp of air to try and ease the nervousness that's sipping throughout my entire body, and quickly retrieve the testing kit from the box, tossing the box into the trash can, and carrying out the necessary test.

Seconds tick bye, converting into long minutes of nerve-wrecking anticipation, until finally, I gather every ounce of courage, to check the kit. See, right now, I have no idea what  emotions are swirling through my mind, and setting my entire system aflame, as I stare down at the stick.

First, I laugh. Like, laugh until I'm holding my ribs, as the tears temporarily blind my vision. Then, I snap, stand right in front of the mirror, and actually punch it, causing it to effectively shatter.

I know I got some real anger issues, and over the years, I've been attending some anger management sessions. It's been working pretty well, up until now, when I'm discovering that I am fucking pregnant. But testing kits do lie, right? So, with that thought in mind, I snatch the next kit, tear it up and grab the equipment, then carry out yet another test.

There it is again! The sign that I am fucking pregnant! How in the name of everything sacred, am I expecting a baby? Like, where's the logic in all this! My phone begins to vibrate against the sinks; an incoming call from Sarah.

"What!" I snap.
"Eva. I...uh I have to talk to you?"
"So, funny story. I'm pre..."
"Pregnant I know. Can we meet up at the 'Lime Light Cafe' and talk?"

All I see is red! Fucking blood-red! I pinch the bridge of my nose, jaws clenching and unclenching as the news continues to engrave itself in the back of my mind.
"Bitch, just tell me this. How the fuck, just how, do you know that I'm pregnant?" I question, my voice surprisingly remaining calm, overly calm.

"Can we just meet up and speak?"
"Sarah dear, fuck you," is the only response my mind is able to conjure, each syllable of each word dripping with a new kind of poison.

Then, just like that, I smash my phone against the tiled bathroom floors.
She had better have a good explanation! A fucking good one, before I end up serving life sentence on the charges of first degree freaking murder!

Please don't forget to comment and click the little star at the bottom ❤️❤️