Chapter thirty one.

Had to rectify some issues in this chapter, as well as the next. Now, enjoy ❤️❤️...

Currently, I am immobile, right in front of the doors leading into my sister's apartment. I've been pacing back and forth for the past ten minutes, trying to work up the courage to knock. I mean, it has been a while since I last saw or spoke to Sarah, and the very last time we had a conversation, we didn't end it on good terms. Leandro has been 'politely' demanding that I ring the doorbell, and finally gave up five minutes ago. Now, he's just leaning against wall, graciously offering me this bored-to-death, slightly-pissed look.

Of course, the man had to alter his appearance before we got here. His usually icey-blue eyes, are now an alluring coffee brown, well hidden behind a new pair of spectacles, and his dark-as-night, silky strands, have been concealed perfectly beneath a stylish hat, with the few strands visible at the front, having been dyed a silver hue.

Usually, he has a small, neat beard growing, but since we had to switch up his look, why not go all the way? So, he had to plaster on a larger, fake beard, a moustache, as well as cover up all his knuckle tattoos, because the guy likes to be extra cautious. If I'd see him like this anywhere, after having lived with him for so long, I highly doubt I'd be able to recognize him.

"Fine, fine. I'll do it, my goodness," I snap irritably, after witnessing him roll his eyes at me.
I ring the doorbell once, then a second time, but no one responds from the other end. I'm starting to think nobody is home, I really hope so.
"Well, looks like no one's here, so we better get going," I conclude, walking away from the wooden barriers, overwhelmed with relief.
Then, they finally creak open, with my back towards them, and my heart begins to thrum a lot faster.

"Eva?" Her voice calls out to me, and immediately, my eyes temporarily go blind, stinging and tearing.
I turn around calmly to face her, and woah? She is pregnant, fucking pregnant! I wasn't expecting this at all.
She walks up to me and engulfs me in a hug, burying her face into the crook of my neck, but since I don't reciprocate her little gesture, she lets go.

"I...I-uh-missed you...so much."
"I can only fucking imagine."
Leandro's arm moves to snake my waist, holding me possessively to him.
"Why don't you come in, please," She offers, a look of shear desperation caking her face.
I look her in the eye, clenching jaws, and regretting my decision to come over in the first place.
Leandro leans in, whispers a low, "Àmórè..." and I simply nod my head in agreement to the invitation.

We slip past the doors, and into the apartment, and I stop dead in my tracks. See, my eyes cannot even believe that which they fucking see! The walls around us, are flamboyantly decorated with pictures of Simon and my sister embracing, laughing heartily at this, or just posing for the camera like the loving couple they make out to be.

One particular photo draws my attention, makes my heart clench even more, a photo of Sarah, in a gorgeous wedding gown, with Simon's arms slithered around her petite frame. He himself, is dressed in a nicely tailored, charcoal-black suit, looking like the happiest man that ever walked this fucking earth. They are smiling for the camera, acting completely oblivious to the fact that I was fucking kidnapped!

"Wow, you are married and you didn't think to invite me?" I question, tone laced with sarcasm, as I turn to face Sarah.
She doesn't respond, I don't expect her to, just stares at the carpeted floors beneath, making me scoff and roll my eyes.

At that very moment, Simon decides to grace us with his presence, climbing down the stairs and walking into the living room. When our eyes meet and interlock, he stops in his movements, eyes bulging behind glasses. I am fully convinced he's about to hyperventilate.

"E...Eva?"
"It's lovely meeting you to Simon, especially after such a long time. I've been good, thank you so fucking much for inquiring."
We all stand there in awkward silence, before Sarah finally clears her throat and speaks up.
"Let's go have dinner everyone."