Yea, I never loved Her

It's been months since Shankar left India and Baishakhi. But he had never forgotten her, just the way he could never forget her in those 7 years.

Random thoughts of his beloved ruled his mind and mood. He wanted to move on but he couldn't. After all love is not fatal, but its realisation is fatal.

It was on the christmas eve, Shankar was resting on his couch. All the houses were home that day, family get togethers and exchange of love and well wishes were everywhere. But nothing was there for Shankar.

He thought,"I guess Baishakhi would be also celebrating this day with her love... with that man... the man who made her realise she is perfect."

Shankar closed his eyes and wanted to hold back those feelings of regret, anger, jealousy and... love.

"But I had never loved her... so... she deserves love..." Shankar said to himself to console him.

But then his door bell rang. He thought it might be the Christmas Carol singers. He opened the door with a forced smile but instead of a carol he got a strong punch.

He was punched by a woman in a big hat and long coat shaking in cold.

"Oww! Who are you?!" Shankar asked in english.

The woman removed her hat and it was none other than his beloved Baishakhi. "You are the most coward man I've ever seen!! Always running away!! Will you ever listen to me calmly??!!" Said the furious Baishakhi with teary eyes.

"Wh...What?! Where's Bijoy?? And what are you doing here?! How did you get here!?"

"Idiot! Idiot... Bijoy told me you are in a relationship with another woman... so I thought of letting you go as you never loved me..."

"Umm... yea I know that..."

"Ghonta jano tumi!('You know nothing'... in satirical manner) Bijoy is not my lover but my lawyer who helped me in this act!!"

Shankar's jaw dropped, he couldn't believe what he was hearing,"So y-you mean... there's nothing between you both...?"

"No! Not at all!! But what about us?! Is there anything between us??"

"..." Shankar could say nothing. This time it wasn't his ego but the fear of a lover before confessing

"Don't stand silent! Today also this is your ego that you are not accepting your feelings!! I hate you! So never ever come infront of me! You are a coward egoistic man!" Said Baishakhi in the rage of anger and turned around to leave.

But she got a pull from the back and Shankar was hugging from the back.

He said,"I'm sorry... I don't have words to express my feelings for you... Today I'm not egoistic but yea today I'm a coward... nervous enough to confess and propose you."

Baishakhi's eyes got wider and her heart was beating faster,"So... n-now will you confess ?"

Shankar smiled and whispered in her ears,"It's true I never loved you but according to my ego... but according to my heart I had always loved you... and still now I love you..."

Happy tears run down Baishakhi's eyes after all she got her love after so many years of patience. She turned around and hugged him back and said,"I love you too..."

"Love is not a matter of time but it's a matter of emotions and realisation." Baishakhi had faith in her love and got him back... and Shankar realised his love and got her back... may be the ending with someone is not a good one but you'll always get a good one at the end.

***The End***

Author's Note- I wanted him to perish but it was few of my readers and my besties who forced me for a good ending

Well whatever did you enjoy the story? If yes please do vote and write how was this story😊😊

☆And yea do check my other works and poems. Hope you'll like them too! XOXO