Cherry Wine

Her eyes and words are so icyOh, but she burns like rum on a fireHot and fast and angry as she can be

Oh, but she burns like rum on a fire
Hot and fast and angry as she can be

Chapter 9:

Cherry Wine

Rose felt the wind blow through her hair and she finally found comfort in the situation she was. Than she felt arms entangle underneath her, she felt something or somebody catch her. It happened so quickly, she flinched at the sound of a crash. She slowly opened her eyes, wondering how she was still breathing or if she was in the after life now. She looked to her savior, a boy, she had never been so confused. She decided she was alive and some how this boy could fly?

Dick watched the man catch Rose and fall on top of the car, he quickly pushed himself up and off the ground, turning around, puking everywhere. Kory watched in horror as Dick gagged and she thought for sure he had just watched her body go splat on the pavement.

She watched as he held himself against the wall, hyperventilating. Korys eyebrows furrowed in confusing he gave her thumbs up before running to the elevators. She pushed herself up off the groin quickly following behind him, deciding he would leave her behind if she couldn't keep up.

"Thank you" Rose whispered to the boy as she pushed her self up and off him.

"You're welcome" The two jumped off the roof of the car, Rose felt sore, but somehow she was alive and thankful, but that did matter right now.. The boy looked at the girl in front of him, not exactly sure what to say to her. Rose could tell the boy was confused, but he still had a smile on his face.

"Who are you?" Rose asked squinting at the superman shirt he wore, questioning why he would wear that and how he could fly.

"I'm not sure," He said, shrugging.

"Well, whoever you are, you're my hero" Rose gave him a smile, as she did not say that often. He smiled back at the girl and she couldn't help but smile brighter.

Both smiles disappeared at the sound of gunshots, the boy fell against the car and Rose ducked down making her way to the boy, putting a hand on top of his wound.

"Rose!" Dick screamed running around the car, Rose looked up at the man, horrified.

"Dick, he saved my life, we have to help him!" Rose begged as Dick knelt down in front of the boy looking at the wounds, Kory looked around trying to find the person who fired those shots.

...

Rose stared at herself in the mirror, her hair was wet from the shower she had just had. She was alone, why was she alone? She wondered. Dick hadn't spoke to her since they got back, hadn't said a word to her. Maybe this was a sign that it was time for her throw all this life behind her, start fresh.