CHAPTER ONE

Still angry with Grae, Audrey decided to wake him up when they reach Batangas City.

While staring at the man beside her, she suddenly realized that this annoying sleeping guy was actually her savior when she almost fell from a ladder at the bookstore just a week ago.

She somehow calls him her guardian angel since she doesn't know his name.

She recalls what happened that day at the bookstore.

FLASHBACK

"Lianne, I reached the bookstore. I'm already looking through their shelves." Audrey was looking at each shelves for books about photography while she is on the phone talking with Lianne, a friend who's older than her. She also considers her as her own big sister.

[Great. You'll find a book about photography and its techniques. Just look for the ones you can easily understand so you can train step by step. Okay?] Lianne explained.

"Oh, right. Thank you for helping me on this, Ate. I really want to learn and be trained by professionals like you." Audrey smiled while thanking her.

[Oh, c'mon. I'll never break my promise. Also, I really want to work with you. I missed you a lot. You've been busy since you started college.] Lianne pouted on the other line.

"Alright, Ate. I'm going to look for the book now. See you later." After ending the call, she kept her phone in her pocket and started looking for the book.

[[A/N: Ate = filipino word for big sister or an older sister]]

The only problem now is how will she find the book that she needs in this very big bookstore?

"I guess I need to find it the hard way. Oh well. Books don't have GPS in them, Audrey. Start looking." She whispered to herself.

She couldn't find anyone who could assist her anyway, so she decided to just look for the book on her own. She even tried to look for any title of the book randomly on google which will make things easier for her.

She tried to find it from different shelves. She even used a ladder since the other books were too high. After almost an hour of searching, she finally found what she's looking for. It even matches the title she saw on her google search results.

"Does it really have to be that high?" She asked herself like a crazy woman.

She had no choice but to use the ladder again. She climbed up on it until she reached the top shelf.

She was in a rush to reach the top that she forgot to move it closer to the book that she needs.

Now, it's hard for her to reach the book on her right because it's too far from her reach.

A crazy idea formed in her mind. If she tiptoes while reaching the book, she could finally get it. She sighed.

"I know this would be crazy but better than going down again and moving the ladder. It would take too much time." She had another monologue with herself.

Grae was on the phone with his hired wedding photographer and friend, Lianne, when he accidentally heard Audrey's monologue.

He finished talking with Lianne before looking up and saw Audrey talking to herself.

"Is she talking to herself?" He smiled and tried to hold his laughter. "What is a crazy woman doing here?"

He saw her tiptoed on the ladder and trying to reach a book on the shelf.