CHAPTER THREE

It has been almost three days since Audrey and Grae stayed in Batangas. Audrey had been ignoring Lianne's call.

Meanwhile, Grae still had contact with his secretary. It would be their last contact since they might get caught by his father.

"Kate, thank you." Grae thanked his secretary.

He saw Audrey through the living room's window, hanging her clothes by the side of the house. When she saw him watching her, he quickly looked away.

[Mr. President, I suggest you leave the girl out of this mess. I am already having problems controlling the press. They are suspecting that the girl is your real lover or that you even got her pregnant.] Grae suddenly exhales.

"I want to, Kate. But she's already involved in this." He suddenly recalls the talk they had three days ago. On the same night of their first stay at Batangas. "Actually, I think I might need to ask for your help once more."

[Grae, you need to relocate now and let that girl live on her own.] Grae smiled.

"This is the least I could help her. I don't want to see her alone in this just because she got involved with my mess. It's my fault that she has to stay here, Kate. And I feel guilty for that. She has nothing to do with my problem and yet I got her involved. Dad might target her anytime. As long as I'm not coming home, I'm sure he won't stop looking for me. So does looking for Audrey. Things will just get more complicated if I leave it like this."

[Grae.] There was a long pause on the other line before he heard Kate speak again. [Okay, what do you want me to do?]

"She needs to continue her studies. I don't want her to stop it just because of my family problem. Find a way to transfer her documents and school credentials from there to here. Also, find a way to transfer money for me. Or you can come here but just be careful." Grae ordered.

[Okay. Do you need anything else, Sir?] Kate was on full work mode after listening to Grae.

"Yes. Please find any information regarding Audrey Alcantara's parents. I want to know something about her at least. I will say goodbye to her when everything is settled for her." Kate answered yes and they quickly ended their conversation.

He suddenly remembered Audrey's broken shoe. He sent a message to Kate asking her to buy Audrey a new pair of white shoes. He even sent her a picture of the same shoes Audrey wore that day.

Meanwhile, Audrey just got finished doing her laundry. She was about to go inside when Grae went out and approached her.

"You do your own laundry?" Audrey just glared at him and was about to leave. When he stopped her by holding her left wrist. "Audrey, I'm sorry about everything. I didn't mean to get you involved."

"Then why me? Why did you bring me?! There were other girls in the room. Why did you randomly pick me?" She shouted in frustration.

"I don't know." Grae stared straight at her eyes. "I don't understand either, Audrey. Of all the girls I could've randomly picked at the church. It was you whom I decided to take with me."

It was as if the time had stopped when he said that. Audrey froze at her place. Grae slowly lets go of her wrist.

"You should've just randomly picked any beautiful girls in that place, Grae. I just wanted to go to school normally and be Lianne's assistant as my part-time while I'm still learning to be a professional photographer. I want to earn both a diploma and a certificate." Tears are starting to form on Audrey's eyes.

"Yeah. You're right. I should've just ignored you and just picked a random girl." Grae didn't realize what he just said. He gently wiped Audrey tears. "So, I'm sorry. I will be leaving soon. But first, I need to make sure you'll be okay here when I leave. I won't let my father bother you here when I'm gone."