Snowball Fight!!!

Sorrow looked out of her cave entrance to see a thin layer of snow covering the ground. She quickly turned into a wolf and flew off to the Royal Vampire city. Outside of the city walls, she turned into a human and sang the five note tune. Shadowus, Hextro, Marthio, Tamrax, Luxret, and Rexard appeared on top of the wall.

"Sorrow?" Shadowus asked, a little dreary-eyed. "What is it?" Sorrow knelt down on the ground and grabbed a handful of snow. Balling it up, she threw it at Shadowus's drowsy face, hitting him straight in the face. Shadowus, shaking the snow off his now awake face, jumped down from the wall. "Oh, it is so on, wolfie," he smiled and picked up a handful of snow and threw it at Sorrow's face, but it hit her neck and the snow ran down her shirt.

"Hey!!" Sorrow yelled, shaking off her shirt. "That wasn't cool, Shadowus," she scolded.

"Sorry," Shadowus replied, red in the face. "I swear I was aiming for your face.." Shadowus rubbed his head and looked at the other vampires. Instantly his face went back to its normal pale complexion and he nodded to the others. They jumped down from the wall and formed a line.

"Snowball war?" Tamrax asked, her black hair in teased up pigtails. A smile crossed all the vampires' faces, their white fangs showing, contrasting their pitch black hair.

"Aww, guys," Sorrow smiled. "You read my mind." She turned into a wolf and howled, and five more werewolves came out from behind the trees, a smile on all their faces. "You guys, these are my brothers and sister." Sorrow motioned to a large guy with slight muscles protruding from his shirt and white hair. "The strong one is Fang, and his twin, Shimmer," she pointed to the girl, whose white hair was shimmering in the snow. "Then the really pale one over in the corner is Artemis, and over there near the tree is Damian, and last but not least, the runt of the litter, despite being the second oldest, is my big brother, Lucas. And believe me, you do not want to get any of them angry, they all have short fuses, if you know what I mean." All of them growled simultaneously, almost as if on cue. "Shall we begin? I must warn you, we are amazing at dodging, which is why we are all part of King Radulf's army." They all nodded.

"Well then," Shadowus grinned. "This is going to be an interesting game." He made a snowball and threw it at Artemis, who quickly dodged it, made a snowball, and threw it at Tamrax, hitting her directly in the stomach.

"Hey!" Tamrax yelled, picking up a snowball and throwing it back, laughing. A second snowball came flying and deflected the other one in the air. On and on this went, until there was only Shadowus and Sorrow left who haven't been hit by a snowball.

"I see it comes down to the two of us," Sorrow smirked.

"So it has. I hope that you will surrender, which is the smart thing to do," Shadowus said curtly, picking up a snowball. Sorrow laughed.

"I won't surrender to you in a million years," Sorrow retorted, also picking up a snowball.

"Well then, I'm sorry I had to do this, Sorrow," Shadowus looked down at the snowball, then threw it in the air, directly at Sorrow's face. Sorrow easily dodged it and threw her snowball, hitting Shadowus in the side of the head. He looked up to see six wolves staring at him. Shadowus held his hands up in the air and said, "you win." The wolves howled in victory. Shimmer, Fang, Artemis, Lucas, and Damian all turn into humans and walked back to the pack, jumping and screaming, talking about the whole thing in great detail, leaving only Sorrow with the vampires. Suddenly, a slow clapping sound is heard. Everyone looks up to see a vampire with orangeish red highlights walking up towards them. Sorrow gasps and runs to Shadowus's side.

"Congratulations, Sorrow," the mysterious vampire smirked, still clapping. "Really, well done."

"Who are you?" Shadowus asked, standing in between Sorrow and the vampire.

"Oh, excuse me, my lord," he said, bowing. "My name is Jedediah. And I see that Sorrow still remembers me." He laughed at the terrified girl.

"I-I-I th-th-thought you were..." Sorrow stammered. "But h-how is this-"

"Who are you?" Shadowus asked again. "Sorrow, what's wrong?" Sorrow just stood in shock and shook her head.

"I will answer for you dear little Sorrow," Jedediah said, taking a step closer. Shadowus pushed Sorrow behind him, the other vampires forming a barricade around the trembling girl, snarling at Jedediah. "You see I," he put a hand on his chest. "Am the one who bit Sorrow all those years ago." The others stood there stunned.

"That's impossible," Tamrax said. "You should have died from biting a werewolf." The others nodded, except for Hextro, who just stood there red in the face.

"I had a little help from your friend, Hextro. He performed a spell on me that would make me invincible to biting a werewolf. Thank you, Hextro," he said, bowing again. Hextro turned even redder. Shadowus just stared at Jedediah, then at Hextro, then ran up and punched Hextro square in the jaw, then turned to the others.

"This is why I don't trust him. You don't know anything about his past. He won't tell anyone of the evil he's done. Come on Sorrow, let's go back to your father." He grabbed Sorrow's hand and stormed off, Sorrow following closely behind him.

Back at the camp, Damian, Shimmer, Lucas, Fang, and Artemis are sitting outside the entrance, talking and laughing. When they see Shadowus, they stand up. When they see the shocked Sorrow behind him, they rush towards her and take hold of her.

"Sorrow," Shimmer gasped, her voice soothing.

"What happened?" Artemis asked.

"Remember the vampire who bit her?" Shadowus asked them.

"Yeah, didn't he die?" Damian snarled. Sorrow just shook her head.

"He's not?" Lucas asked, eyes widening.

"No, he's not. We just encountered him," Shadowus said through gritted teeth. "Is your father around?"

"No, he's out hunting," Fang said, hugging Sorrow to his chest, stroking her hair tenderly. "He won't be back for a while."

"Okay. I will stay here and help you guys try to comfort Sorrow until he gets back." Shadowus walked to Sorrow's cave, the others following, trying to comfort the now crying Sorrow. They lay her down in her bed, but she bolted upright and cried on Shadowus's shoulder.

"He-he's come to kill me," she said through her sobs. Shadowus patted her shoulder and rocked her from side to side slowly.

"What do you mean, Sorrow?" Drake asked, walking into the room. "Who is going to kill you?"

"Remember how she got bit by a vampire?" Shadowus asked. Drake nodded. "Well, we thought that the vampire died. But, as it turns out, Hextro performed a spell on him to make him invincible when biting a werewolf, so he survived biting her." Sorrow looked up and nodded, saying,

"He said he was going to kill me the first time he bit me, but I survived. Now, he's coming to finish the job he started." Sorrow burst into tears again. Drake put an arm around her and pulled her close.

"I will make sure this bastard doesn't lay a finger on you," he whispered.

"We will protect you, little one," Shadowus continued, rubbing Sorrow's back.