Weapon Shopping

As Shadowus walked out from his house, he heard a familiar snarling. Turning around, he had just enough time to drop to the ground as Sorrow flies over his head, narrowly missing him. He turns at looks at her, confused. He noticed a small dart sticking out of her neck. She charged him again, and this time, he sidestepped her and pulled the dart out, causing her to howl, and looked at him.

“What happened?” she asked, confused.

“I pulled this out of your neck just now,” he said, holding up the dart. “Do you have any idea what this is?”

“No, I don't, sadly,” she said, a little disturbed. “However, I think I remember hearing the city's master blacksmith's brother, who works next door to him, does do a bit of hunting with darts, and knows a lot of the local hunters. Maybe we can drop it by him as we visit his brother?”

“That's a great idea!” Shadowus exclaimed. “Let's get going.”

Together, the two of them walked from Shadowus's house to the blacksmith's, stopping only to help a vampire who was having trouble carrying all her stuff, and who also happened to be going the same way. To assist, Sorrow had turned back into a werewolf, and let Shadowus tie some of the smaller bags onto her, while he carried a crate in his arms, and a sack on his back. The other vampire was then able to pull her cart much easier, and actually ended up going all the way to the blacksmith as well.

“Thanks a lot for the help,” the vampire said, as they came to stop in front of the blacksmith's shop. “I'm Roxetar, but you can call me Rox. I am the blacksmith's new apprentice. And yes, I am serious,” she said, seeing the surprised look on Sorrow's face. “Even an occasional female vampire wants to be a blacksmith.”

Rox then walked to the back of the store with her cart, and Shadowus and Sorrow followed, bringing the stuff they were carrying with them. When they got to the forge that was in the back of the store, Rox dropped the handle of the cart, and indicated for Shadowus where to put the crate. As he went to put it where she indicated, in a corner away from the forge, Rox went over to Sorrow, but as she tried to untie one of the bags, Sorrow growled and took a step back, hair on her back raised slightly. When Shadowus turned back around after putting the crate on the ground and the sack on top, he ran over to Sorrow.

“Easy, my dear, easy! She isn't going to hurt you!” Shadowus told her, trying to calm her. He motioned for Rox to take a step back, and start unloading her cart. “I've seen her before. She's really nice. She's not going to hurt us.” Then he leaned in close to her head. “Also, she's my sister,” he whispered. “Blood related, half sister. Her mother is Safiria, and her father is the Captain of the Royal Guard.”

Upon hearing this, Sorrow calmed down, and let Shadowus untie the bags from her leather armor. “Do not worry, my dear, she is here only to help the blacksmith. She will, of course, repair our armor for us. She's better at leatherwork than Vertican is. That is why she is here.” Upon seeing her confused look, he explained “Vertican is the blacksmith whom she will be working with.”

As he was explaining all this, Rox came back and grabbed the bags from next to Shadowus. As she did, she noticed Shadowus's bracers were busted up, and Sorrow's armor was torn in a few areas.

“Shadowus?” she asked, getting his attention for a moment. “If you would like, I can not only repair your bracers, but also add metal studs to them. It's not that hard. Normally, I start with putting in only bronze studs, but for you, I will put in steel, with a gold ring on the outside of them, to show your nobility.” Shadowus nodded in approval, and took his bracers off, and handed them to her as he stood back up.

“Sorrow, let me take your armor off of you,” he said, taking a step toward her. “I am sure Rox here will not only repair the tears, but also reinforce the weaker areas in your armor,” he said, giving a look to Rox, who nodded to show she would. After a little hesitation to let Shadowus near her, she let him take her armor off and hand it to Rox, who then took it and began working on it.