Part 12

"Don't be sorry.. we're sorry."
Nemuri said. Shota stood in front of me than held out his hand. I sighed and reached into my pocket and pulled out the pack.
"And the lighter."
I gave it to him as well.
"That it?"
"Yes~?"
"Where.."
"In my desk upstairs.. I'll get it later.."
He walked to the trash and threw it away as I groaned.
"Your going to have to learn one way or another."
"And I'm going to be right here helping you.."
Nemuri said as she wrapped her arm around my neck.
"Thanks.."

Shota's POV
"Thanks.."
I walked upstairs and to his room. I went to his desk and looked through the drawers. There was a leather book in one.
"Hm?"
I pulled it out seeing it had Hizashi's name carved into it with gold. Is this his song book or something? I went to open it before hearing someone come up the stairs. I put it away and went through the others.
"Top left."
I opened the top left one and there it was, another pack of cigarettes. I grabbed them and stood up. I was angry even at him though I pushed it down. He shut the door and sighed.
"Go ahead. I know you didn't want to yell in front of the others."
"Your an idiot! You really think this is going to help?! Why do you think this is going to help if you've been doing it for years?!"
"I-I don't know ok?! I just did it when I couldn't stand the situation that was going on in my head."
"Hizashi, there are other ways to solve these things! Smoking isn't one of them!"
"I'm sorry.."
"I know.. and I don't know if I want to accept that."
He looked at me in surprise.
"S-Shota.."
"It's killing you.. what do you think I would have done if you would have died too?! Huh?! You think I would just be better?! You think I would just sit here and let the days go by as if everything was normal?!"
"No.."
"Hizashi! Your one of the only people I have left! Y-you can't leave me..."
I felt tears weld up in my eyes as I looked down and clutched my chest.
"P-please.. I can't lose you too.."
I felt arms wrap around me as I tired to pull away. He wouldn't let me go so I just hugged him back.
"Please.. you can't leave me like he did.. please.."
"Shota.. I'm sorry."
My face was in his chest a tears fell down my face. His hand ran through my hair trying to comfort me.
"Please.. p-promise me Hizashi.."
"I...I promise Sho.."
I gripped onto him tighter as my tears slowly stopped coming. There was a knock on the door as we both looked back.
"Alright you two, you've guys have been in there for a while. I didn't just come right in because I don't know if you guys have close on or not."
Hizashi laughed and went to open the door.
"Oh good you have close on."
"Yes yes we do."
I wiped my tears.
"Uh.. something happen?"
"No.."
"Alright.. Anyways me and the group are going to head out. You coming Shota?"
"No, I'll stay a little longer."
"Ok, love you guys! Later!"
"Bye Nem."
"Bye."
She left as he sat in the bed. I walked back over to the desk and pulled out the leather book. I went to open it but before I could it was taken from my hands.
"What do you think your doing?"
"I'm curios, what's that?"
"Nothing, stop snooping!"
He said pushing me with his finger.
"Oi! Tell me~!"
"Fine. I'll give you a small idea of what's in this, if you don't go through it ever!"
"Hm... fine!"
"It's a small just journal I had during middle school and high school. It's just a way I coped with things with my mom and stepdad back then. Before smoking."
"Please~ let me see!!"
I went to grab it before he held it over my head.
"If you can reach it~"
"Zashi!"
He laughed and dropped his hand.
"Maybe later on In life right now isn't the time."
"Why~!"
"Cause, now I guess you don't have much of a hang over since you seems fine."
"I am fine!"
"I can see that."
He threw the journal on his desk. Before I was able to grab it he grabbed my hands.
"Don't even think about it Sho."
"Awe~"
"Come."
He pulled me downstairs and set my on the couch giving me the remote.
"I'm going to head out, I need to pick up some groceries."
"Ok."
He got ready and turned to me as I flipped through channels.
"Alright I'm leaving now!"
"Ok bye."
"Bye!"
He left as I stayed glued to the tv. After a while a tried looking for my phone. That dumbass where did he put it? I sighed and walked back to the couch. I remembered he had small drawers in his coffee table. I pulled the two open seeing my phone.
"Ha!"
There was a photo book. Hm? Why would Hizashi have one of these? I pulled it out and looked at the writing. 'For the memories and for the future' I opened it to the first page. I smiled at what I saw. He kept all these..